The OGG Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
maineharvest said:
Hey Trill, what does OGG stand for?

I have wondered the same thing. I grew a couple OG clones four years ago, didnt know what to call it then so I called it OH GOD because it was so good. Then I heard OG stood for OLD GANGSTA. My brother grows it every year and he dosent even know.

What does it stand for, OG, I mean? And is it a kush? Always a Kush?

Thanks TOA.

pulling up a chair in the front row---got my bong and jar at my side---looking forward to the show---

:bong2:

:watchplant:

thanks hick

tcbud said:
I have wondered the same thing. I grew a couple OG clones four years ago, didnt know what to call it then so I called it OH GOD because it was so good. Then I heard OG stood for OLD GANGSTA. My brother grows it every year and he dosent even know.

Thanks TOA.

Doesn't it stand for Ocean Grown, at least that's what I've read.

Jericho said:
Doesn't it stand for Ocean Grown, at least that's what I've read.

I believe that's the 'story' that I heard as well. Back when the OG kush was introduced.

Two guys at a party arguing the merits of a particular "kush". One touted the term "OG" for grown near the ocean, in contrast to grown inland or in the hills. And it stuck..
Is there any credibility to the story?.. Your guess i as good as "anyone". (Unless you were there..;))

Ive heard different....but lets not go there. Thats one of threads that was deleted. *lets assume for a reason and not a crash...:rofl:

Who cares anyways. It doesnt have a meaning anymore. It has a phenotype. lol

Well wherever the term came from I can say one thing for sure....I love me some OG Kush...the Larry OG I have is still by far my favorite smoke. Just love that kush taste.

tcbud said:

Thanks TOA.

Because I watch a lot of "Gangland" i know OG stand for "Original Gangster". So like the older or founding members of a gang would be refered to as OG's. So when I saw the term "OG kush", I took it as someone just giving their name a spin, as if to say, "This is the original gangsta kush". I am seeing strains lately with "Original" in the title as if to claim the strain is new or just like an older famous strain. For example the Cali Connection beans I just purchased are called "Original Sour Diesel". So I don't really think the "OG" in the name matters at all, it is just a way of seperating it from all of the other kush's out there.
EDIT: Plus "Original Gangsta Kush" or "OG Kush" sound a lot cooler than "Larry's kush".

-SSF-

I thought it might stand for Original Gangster too. I thought that that Kush is a name that the west coast came up with for the Chem and Diesel line. I thought that maybe some west coast OG gave it the name and then it stuck. I am most likely wrong though.

i said lets not go there guys!?
:rofl:

Ahhh the OG....it is definately Gangster tho

im smoking some now. my SFV...holy fak

one of my best og's

ogk.jpg

other ones
the small one behind the chair was a iranian g13

3og.jpg

Hamster Lewis said:
Well wherever the term came from I can say one thing for sure....I love me some OG Kush...the Larry OG I have is still by far my favorite smoke. Just love that kush taste.
I am with you on that. I took some Larry to a music festival, Byrdsfest, and I had the best dank there. :icon_smile: Who knew that there would be no schwag, at a show produced by "The Schawg..":dancing:

HomieHogleg

Wow those plants are big I love the Og and I love how your dog staring at it. also OG stands for Ocean Green you know like a Sea Of Green SOG OG works good on SOG thast why they named it OG

NICE PLANTS BROSKI

Latest posts

Back