The Pot Disclaimer... does it have any relevance?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zarnon

Reaction score
I keep seeing this grow disclaimer pop up in people's sigs...

Disclaimer: Any posts derived herin by JOEBLOW should be accepted as pure fiction. Any statements, suggestions, advice, or help posted by me should not be taken seriously. I do not condone illegal activities, nor do I participate in illegal acts. All pictures posted by me are found easily on the world wide web. All commentary by me should be accepted as hypothetical discussions and have no basis of fact

Ummm... does this have any legal weight?

I am fortunate to live in a state where the growth of 5 plants with a MM card will provide u with all the protection you need against state officials (not fed).

I am not opposed to disclaimers. Like prayer, they may not help but they can't hurt.

However, my main concern is giving people a false sense of security when this disclaimer may not mean squat.

The best defense is that most people are doing such small individual grows that most are not going to bother. You start running 25 or larger plant setups, I would take precautions.

Not to be harsh, but to be careful.

Zarnon:farm:

Zarnon said:
I keep seeing this grow disclaimer pop up in people's sigs...

Disclaimer: Any posts derived herin by JOEBLOW should be accepted as pure fiction. Any statements, suggestions, advice, or help posted by me should not be taken seriously. I do not condone illegal activities, nor do I participate in illegal acts. All pictures posted by me are found easily on the world wide web. All commentary by me should be accepted as hypothetical discussions and have no basis of fact

Ummm... does this have any legal weight?

When I showed it to my lawyer of 30 years, she almost fell down laughing. She said it's totally meaningless in any real legal sense, and would be laughed at by anyone in the legal profession. It's naivety is surpassed only by it's humor.

Saw a blurb on the news last night about E-mail being legal evidence now, so sounds like anything we enter online can be used against us. At least thats the way I interpreted it.

I'd say be careful first and don't worry about the disclaimer. It will probably mean nada as StoneyBud said.

BTW, did you know that those disclaimers/signs like "We are not responsible for blah blah blah" are not legally binding either. They may or may not conform to local or state laws but it is the law first. The sign is just informing you of a law, just putting up a sign does not create that assumption of responsibility.

Being someone with said disclaimer, likely the one you copied and pasted, feel that it is as relevant as anything else that is written on this site from this IP address, username, ect.

Fluid1 said:
Being someone with said disclaimer, likely the one you copied and pasted, feel that it is as relevant as anything else that is written on this site from this IP address, username, ect.
Nothing personal was meant by anyone man. The legitimacy of the disclaimer is all that is being discussed.

Peace to you, and good luck. If the disclaimer makes you feel better, than it's a good thing for you.

Oh I know there was nothing personal, and there was no offense taken at all. I just thought I'd add into the discussion. :)

I have three dead bodies under my bed.

I wonder how long it will take for the FBI to get here

Ganj said:
I have three dead bodies under my bed.

I wonder how long it will take for the FBI to get here

Is Huey lewis in there?? Havent Heard from him since DUETS. theat movie he did with Gweneth

They Have No Value At All,,,other than to piss people off ,,,,, P,l,r

Latest posts

Back