The Setup

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

laydee

Reaction score
Hi all,

Again I'm coming to you all for help. Thanks, for the info about Panda film. It really took care of all my light leak problems.

But do to some recent success. I'm going to be trying to expand my grow from a very small closet to a slightly larger enclosed operation.

My plan is to purchase a Hydro hut which measures 52in x 52in by 7ft tall and is enclosed in panda film. http://www.sea-of-green.com/store/product_info.php?cPath=22_88&products_id=468

I'm also going to upgrade to a larger areoponics system. http://cgi.ebay.com/Rainforest-318-Hydroponics-18-Site-System-FREE-SHIPPING_W0QQitemZ200026976821QQihZ010QQcategoryZ43555QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem

I'm will going to place a portable ac unit inside the unit venting w/ filter outside of enclosure. I'm know this will regulate temps but I'm concern about humidity being too low.

My questions are are the 2in or 3in pots (shown in link) big enough for sea of green? Will having a ac unit blowing in unit dry the air out too much and if so what can I do to raise it?

Thanks for opinions

a friend of mine just did a test with 2 different systems. the areoponics system and an ebb and flow system and the aero system just couldnt hang with the ebb and flow. the areo system made the plants relatively spindly. i have a feeling that it had to do with what your talking about with the small root space.
other than that im a huge fan of the hydro hut and if i where doing it I would do 9 ebb and flow plants in there if your putting an A/C unit i may only do 6 and then hook a Co2 bottle to the hut :)
after 2 weeks into bloom your plants should be perspiring enough to give you enough humidity. Im running into the same problem with with lack of humidity in the first few weeks... good thing is that there are far worse problems to be had than lack of humidity
oh and what kind of light is going in there? ...dreaming of a cooled digital 600 in there.

I'm planning on cooled 400 hps w/ 30% blue blub maybe some flours.

I see what you are saying about small root space but I'm wanting to grow 27/4 for 1 to 1 1/2 mos in veg than force 12/12. Will it really need that much space for roots?

sounds like you may be wasting alot of power and time then again you may be setting it up so much different than I would.
when i here 4x4 hydro hut this is the setup and expectation i put out.
with a cooled digital 600 and 9 plants in 5 gal ebb and flow system you would be vegging (18/6) for 21-28 days and blooming for 9-11 weeks. Yield of 500+ grams depending on how much work you put into pruning your plants.
I dont have personal experiance with aero. I am just going off of a friends experiment.

Latest posts

Back