The Splitter

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kiksroks

Fat Farmer
Reaction score
hxxp://mmm.hhydro.com/SunPulse-Splitter.html
Does this really give you the ability to run 2 600w bulbs to their fullest potential? Are there any problems associated? I definitely think that 2 600w HPS would be a nice step up from the single 1kw; is this an effective way of doing it? Thanks in advance to the pros:cool:

That looks like it might be decent but you cannot use a digital ballast, you have to use a magnetic. You also will not get 2 600w outputs to run 600w lights. You will get 2 500w outputs which would be the equivelant to running 2 lights on dimmers. That would be good if you have a 1kwatt light n ballast but can't get good coverage with just the one light. You can run 2 lights spread apart enough to get the coverage you need and get some crossover as well. I use 2 lights in my grow cabinets so that there is very little plant leaf shading from having light only coming from one direction. :)

I like it, could a 400w run (2) 250w hps?

I just wonder what the actual lumen output would be. . .

True, good call.. I'm going to try and get a bit of research on this

I would think it would have to be less lumens as it is less watts used. 2 250s is 500 but if they are run on a 400w ballast then they would only put out the lumens (at most) of a 400w single bulb. The same would apply for the 2 600w being run from a 1k ballast.

I was looking at these. One of my 600W ballast died. I am using a 1000W magnetic ballast in my flowering room now. It says that you must use sunpulse brand "lamps". I guess that I will check the prices of sunpulse bulbs.

Latest posts

Back