Think i've over fed plants

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HerbiJesus

Reaction score
I am currently on my first indoor grow, about 15 days into budding and think i have over fed plants. It seems to be affectin young leaves and shoots. Tops of plants look ok. im using a 2-6-3.5 bloom booster. Any ideas whats going on ? oppinions appreciated

iv'e just flushed plants, the water went in with ph level of 6.5 and came out at 5.3 could the acidic soil cause this. i've put a bit of lime on 2 plants (soil) and i'll see how they react, can anyone tell me if i'm doing right or wrong ? i would be greatful for your thoughts.

HerbiJesus said:
iv'e just flushed plants, the water went in with ph level of 6.5 and came out at 5.3 could the acidic soil cause this. i've put a bit of lime on 2 plants (soil) and i'll see how they react, can anyone tell me if i'm doing right or wrong ? i would be greatful for your thoughts.

5.3 is too low for soil for sure herbi'....http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1908
How much water did you run through them?..
Those numbers sound like an organic nutrient, Brand name?..
What type of lime did you add?..
E'man had some positive results topdressing with dolomite lime, I believe, that should help correct it somewhat.

Thanks for your help people. I put through 2 ltr water each pot (i'm not sure of pots capacity but of medium size). iv'e been using bio-bloom (organic feed). the lime is garden lime (organic) iv'e put a tsp in each pot, i'm not sure how much i'm supposed to use, it says on the box 100 gms per spuare meter but i guess its alot less for pots. thanks again.

1 tablespoon per gallon of pot size for the topdressing lime.
I'm trying that bio-bloom this grow. First time. So far so good.
Ive been useing it in conjnction with th "Top Max", full strength, every other watering.

Those plants look very healthy Hick, (hope my next grow looks as good). when i started feeding bio-bloom i started at 2 ml per ltr and built up to 7 ml per ltr and feeding every other day do you think i over fed ? or did the ph level do that to plants ? also do you think i should put the lime on and flush through again ? Thanks

I use biobloom also on occaision, 7ml per liter is too much...especially for every feeding...give them just water until you see positive growth. As soon as you see new green growth, go back to half that strength. Biobizz is not completely processed immediately like an organic tea. It has some insoluable N and P that needs to be broken down by microbes in your soil, hence the odd NPK numbers. It can build up. The lime might help, certainly won't hurt, but after a dry/wet period or 2, I bet ph will stabilize again. Hang in there and give your soilife time to right itself, all will be ok.

Thank you for the advice i'll try it out and let u's know how it goes. Any other tips welcome

feeding every other day
...I'm watering about 2-3 times per week, feeding every other watering, and they look maxed out on ferts.

how close are your lights,what sort of lighting do you use?:cool:

hello , i am using a 250w sodium, lights are about 10 inch from tops. the tops look ok (i think), when plants started budding i coverd the walls with alluminium foil, but just read thread on how that creates hot spots do you think thats whats happend?

could be man,10" for a 250w sounds allright but to be on the safe side,raise another couple of inches. about the alluminium foil,it does create hot spots if you put the shiney side facing out,turn it around and have the dull side facing out as this defuses the light.This is better for plants.the best material is mylar.doesn`t cost a fortune and the mj loves it.
hope this helps.;)

ye iv'e got shiney facing out, i'll turn it around for now. i'll get some mylar asap cheers.

Hotspots are a myth, I seriously doubt that is the problem. Biobloom says 2-5 ml per liter right on the bottle....7ml per liter is 150% max feeding.

yeh i totaly agree EM i've over done the ferts, i flushed plants through again today, and i'll leave off the ferts for a bit, but i think i'll still buy some mylar because that foil is a pain in the butt. Thanks again bud

FLAT WHITE paint...is surpased only by mylar for reflective qualities.

Hick said:
FLAT WHITE paint...is surpased only by mylar for reflective qualities.

and ya get what u pay for when u go for paints... a gallon of $$ paint goes a lot farther..... just thought i'd throw that out there lol.

Hi, i just wanna thank you peeps for the advice, my plants look a lot healthier already :) took a wicked pic today so thought i put it on so u can check it out! ;)

Latest posts

Back