This guy pissed me off

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
PencilHead said:
Hey, Spearchuker, you should start a Coffee Table thread around that. I'll go next:
Beatles and the Rolling Stones.
Pencilhead and ballpoint pen nib ( soory man couldnt resist it )

Yo Ho Friends,
Has any of you done any serious close looking at LED's ??

I have studied this until I couldn't look at another picture, BUT I have learned that they,(the real one's, not the knock-offs) put out the correct spectrum that causes the plants to flourish. My babies have never been this dark of a green color before. They are growing faster than any of my other grows, I am using an Illuminator tri-color 90 watts, and I have in there 6 four foot grow tubes that work wonders also, though I did remove the orange led's, and replaced them with blue ones that give my girls a 8/2 ratio of blue to red.
This is totally an experiment, but dang I am impressed with the results so far. I'm thinking a second Illuminator, and I won't use the HPS this flowering cycle. Oh, and my babies are W/W...

One of the first things I noticed was no heat to have to fart with, and that equals no heat footprint, Huzzah the leo's can't see diddily with their thermography, and that HPS put out 80 percent of it's light in the infra-red wave-length, and that's a lot of wasted energy on a bunch of un-wanted heat.

To date I have spoken with two electronics engineers about these LED's, and now have the low-down on them thus my experimenting, I'll let you guys know how they turn out, and yes I will throw some pics.

smoke in peace
KingKahuuna:cool:

Ive been studying alot on LEDs KingK. From what kinds work best, to how to build my own.

Got me wondering about Colored CFLs too. Can get red CFLs hitting in the red spectrum. Found 2 different colors of red. Regular and Festival. Dont know how much it would help. But adding a 11 or 13 watt red surely cant hurt anything with trying. I even looked at some Science Project grow results online that showed Red bulbs doing nearly as good as full spectrum by themselves.

Latest posts

Back