Tip for the dreaded "Server too busy" message.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
J

JBonez

Real quick guys and gals!

Most know this im sure, but this can be annoying.

When you are typing a long reply to a post, or even creating a thread, PLEASE, highlight and copy the entire portion of text in your post or reply before submitting it. I would hate to miss some informative-intuitive insight because someone lost everything they just wrote, then decided not to retype it. I want to hear what you guys are saying!

If the server is jammed, and you hit your back button on your browser, everything you just typed will be gone, and if you're like me, re-typing doesnt sound to appealing.

So for those long informative replies, make sure to highlight and copy everything so you can paste it in the event that you lose it. I personally have had a lot of great information that i simply refuse to try and re-type,

hope this helps!

Grow green!

JB

as ironic as it is.. this happened to me 5 minutes ago.. sorry City, my second PM was the short version :p

JBonez said:
it happened while i was creating this thread.

Define irony, lol
No thats because you have a mangina:hubba: ..okay I wont copy any of my posts and if they go thru I'll know it was really meant to be:p :stoned: :confused2:

word! what i always do is highlight what ive typed then hold ctrl and then just hit the C. SO ITS CTRL + C

I do one better I hit CTRL + A then CTRL + C but I am bad to also run my post through Word and correct typo's too. :D

and would'nt you know, it usually happens when i'm medicate'n. i wrote TN a long rambler the other night, and lost it all. then in return, he did also. yeah , prolly missed the tip of the season...bb...

Yup i do it religiously as my old sig implied but another top tip is if you reply using the quick reply box and you get server busy just hit back and your text will still be there.
No good on pm's or when uploading pics etc but for general replies its a winner.

Latest posts

Back