Tired of hearing the same old lines!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sir_Tokie

Reaction score
Every time someone wants to doubt the use of MJ it's always the same old lines. *There has'nt been enough research or It's a Gateway to harder drugs* 1st there has been as much research on MJ as any other plants in our society, corn, soy beans,cotton ect... 2nd Tobacco and alcohol are the true gateway drugs IMO. It just upsets me that the closed minded educated idiots that push this non-sence are the ones that can tells us we can'nt use MJ. I truely belive that no one has the right to tell me and all of you what we can and can not ingest into our bodys and I mean NO ONE not even our government. Just my little rant, anyone else have an opinion?...take care..

The main people against MJ legalization are the people that found they could not handle altered states of mind. They feel sence they could not maintain control, no one else can. When you list all the uses for Marijuana, ether medical or mundane(Rx,clothing,rope, oils,, etc.),you see that you cross serveral big industries that do not want their profit cut into.

IMO the legalization of MJ will come as people in the USA wake up and quit accepting laws without reason or proof. Its funny when one researcher prints a paper, then another researcher prints just the opposit results. You really do not know who to believe, the only difference is who paid the researcher. Are the researchers writing their paper to make the people who sign their paychecks.
IMO there are no gateways to anything. you are either going to try something or not be it drugs,sex, or driving a car any activity has risks, the only question as a singular being is are you going to try something. This is freedom of choice.

I agree. It is always the people who have never tried MJ who are the first to make negative statements about it that are based on heresay. It is also usually the same people who get completely tanked every weekend causing fights. Also how many of these people smoke tobacco. The close mindedness of people frustrates me.

Gateway drug??? How can you honestly say that MJ will lead to MDMA or speed use etc. You are comparing two completely different drugs (depressants & stimulants). By that reasoning alcohol which is a state altering depressant, will also lead to worse things down the track, yet it is still legal.

Since I started smoking I have essentially quit drinking. I much prefer remembering most of my night, not filling my stomach to breaking point with poison and not having a hangover. My opinion anyway.

If you haven't seen "The Irony Of It All" by The Streets, you should youtube it now. One of the best representations of peoples opinions I've seen.

Rant :)

-Trippy

If you use a drug like marijuana in moderation, then there's a good chance that you'll be fine. However, if you abuse a drug whether it be weed, alcohol, or what not, then you might get into trouble.

Also, it will depend on who you are, your physiological makeup, etc. I once read that those who smoke mass pot before they have a fully developed adult brain, are more likely to experience permanent brain damage than those who do the same as adults. Supposedly, an adult brain can handle drug abuse better than an immature brain. The article stated that whatever brain damage incurred from smoking marijuana as an adult was 100% reversible, whereas, the underdeveloped, immature brain was more likely to experience permanent brain damage.

I know that everyone is different. I know people that can function way better than I can when stoned. I, on the other hand, must limit myself if I wish to learn and retain what I learn when I'm in school.

I agree with Trippy Hippy concerning alcohol. I saw the Tubes a long time ago. The first time I saw them I had nothing to drink. I did however, smoke. I enjoyed the show and remembered for quite a long time the details of the show. The second time, well... I remember that I saw them a second time, but I can't tell you anything about the show. I gave up alcohol a long time ago. I don't think that marijuana is any worse than alcohol. But just the same, alcohol has medicinal value. It's just not my kind of medicine.

I really don't understand the aversion to marijuana. There seems to be some people that are totally ignorant about weed, and they think it it's some sort of big deal. For me, getting all excited about pot is like getting all excited about a cup of coffee; I've seen it before. Some people behave as though they were born yesterday and have never seen it. I must admit though, that I do get a bit more overjoyed over a joint than a good cup of coffee. On the other hand, I can't enjoy the pot until I've had the coffee.

Sir_Tokie said:
I truly believe that no one has the right to tell me and all of you what we can and can not ingest into our bodies and I mean NO ONE not even our government.
While your statement encompasses marijuana, it also includes every other substance that can be ingested.

I disagree with your statement almost entirely.

Unless, you live in the middle of the desert and use no health-care services other than those that you pay for out of your own pocket 100% and will do so until the day you die.

If you ingest things that make MY taxes pay for YOUR health care as a result of what you've chosen to ingest, then it now becomes my problem and I should have a say in what you're doing with MY money.

So, if you're going to abuse alcohol your entire life and you choose to add cocaine or whatever with it, and then your liver, kidneys and brain stop working right, THEN you use the system of health-care that I help pay for and is based on how much it costs to support you until you die from the things you ingest, then NO you don't have my freaking permission to put whatever you want into your body.

Move to the desert and stop using any type of health-care or public services as a result of your ingestion of substances into your body and I couldn't care less what you ingest.

However, if I have to pay part of your expenses later for your health-care because of your substance ingestion, then I'll have a say in what you ingest into your body.

That, my friends, is the real argument.

Look up the stats on health-care for those who ingest things into their bodies that harm them. You and I pay for their care when they decide to go into detox or long term health-care for their abuse.

Countless BILLIONS of dollars go towards the treatment of alcoholics alone. FEDERAL MONEY is part of what supports them. MY taxes.

Quit making me pay for what you do and I couldn't care less what you ingest.

That's MY rant.

Marijuana? Hell, I've never heard of anyone getting treatment for marijuana unless it was some Bull-crap shrink you're forced to talk to as a result of a failed piss test at work where they have a "treatment program" that is Federally assisted.

That's an easy one to end. Quit making your employees take piss tests.

If your employee is stupid enough to show up for work stoned, and that same employee has signed a paper saying they won't do that if they accept pay from you, then just fire them. Have your freaking job filled with a bunch of alcohol drinkers who show up for work with hangovers every day. Or Babble Thumpers who will annoy your customers every day by trying to convert them to Jebus on your dime.

I've always said that Marijuana should be legal for adults. Give it the same laws that govern alcohol use.

1. You must be 18 (21 most places) or older to buy it or use it legally.

2. If you're caught using too much of it while driving or anything that makes it unsafe, then you get busted just like drunks who don't have enough sense to not get drunk at inappropriate times.

POTUS said:
Marijuana? Hell, I've never heard of anyone getting treatment for marijuana unless it was some Bull-crap shrink you're forced to talk to as a result of a failed piss test at work where they have a "treatment program" that is Federally assisted.

That's an easy one to end. Quit making your employees take piss tests.

Funny you say this. My best friend just went thru this. He was random tested after 6 years of employment. Lifelong stoner. He pissed positive for MJ.
The "company" wanted him to do a 30 day inpatient program to deal with his Marijuana addiction, which he had to pay half, about $2000 out of his pocket. Then he would be subject to random tests for the next 2 years.
This, to keep a rotating shift, medium paying job. The companies program is not federally assisted tho.

He ended up refusing and was fired, now collecting unemployment. Another drain on the system.

Do you not know my child.........WE are the Researchers. WE, thank the garden gods above, are the guinea pigs. I worked for seventeen years plus in a government office and it was known as the Pocket Pharmacy of our County. 75 percent of the workers were on one form of pharmaceutical drug or another. I swear I was the only one who got work done, I stayed away from the pills and stuck with MJ. My work had a 24 hour turnaround and I assisted others to clear their desks at the end of the day. With our Union as strong as it was, they couldn't even pull random drug tests. Ha Ha........course if they did, they would have to can the ones on the prescription drugs!! If one person didn't have a narcotic, the guy in the cubicle next to him did. Just hang in there......I truly believe MJ will be legalized in every state within the next 5 to 10 years, especially now since the government has figured out how to make a buck out of it.

when i was in grade 7, me and like 3 friends got caught for blazing trees.
all the parents got involved and police.
so a cop comes to the school to give us all a talk in the principals office.
were all like 12. the cop says, yknow they put heroine and dog crap in all the weed that you kids are smoking.
we all look at eachother like ???
i stand up in front of all my friends and their parents and mine.
and i yell to the cop, excuse me miss, i think id notice if i was smoking a LOAF

of course got into more trouble but pretty funny
just funny how alot of people do actually think things like that are being put into marijuana... not saying nobodys dont things like sprayed it.
but i know weed very well and i know what im getting

Was watching Anderson Cooper 360 earlier tonite and they had a little segment about drug abuse in our country. And not the illegal ones either the pharmaceutial ones. Xanax alone there were over 56 million scripts written last yr. And this yr because of people stressing over the economy they expect a 7% increase in sales...take care..

Latest posts

Back