Advertise On Marijuana Passion

To close to heat source

2

24/7 stoner

Guest
I think i really messed them up good this time. I have an electric heater that keeps the temp about were i need it, but its been getting warmer outside so with the heater and my hps light and the little fan i have for air i guess isint enough in this warmer weather. Couple ?'s ive got. One is there a better heat source that dosent get so hot?Is there anything i can do to help them thrive better?Before this happened i noticed tips of a plant or two were getting yellow, anyone know why? there not completly dead just some leave scorched.
 

Trojan46312

Well-Known Member
Joined
Apr 6, 2009
Messages
145
Reaction score
1
Dude I've found that there's no cheap way out. I would suggest getting an air cooled reflector of some sort or an air conditioner. If u must use a heater during the off cycle, use one with a thermostat. As far as the leaf tips, it could be heat stress or nute burn. Some pics would be nice.
 

Jericho

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jan 4, 2010
Messages
1,388
Reaction score
138
More detail would help.

What are temps out side? Day and night?
How many watts is the HPS and is it in a reflector?
Do you have ventilation out of the grow area? or just a fan moving air inside?
 
Joined
Aug 22, 2006
Messages
19,438
Reaction score
8,293
Why are you running the heater if it is too hot in your space? I always recommend adding more lights if your space is not warm enough instead of putting a heater in with your plants.
 

v35b

Well-Known Member
Joined
Feb 9, 2010
Messages
442
Reaction score
44
The Hemp Goddess said:
Why are you running the heater if it is too hot in your space? I always recommend adding more lights if your space is not warm enough instead of putting a heater in with your plants.[/quote


Maybe he is running the heater when the lights are out...Does need a thermostat...
 

OGKushman

Needs More Cowbell
Joined
Jul 19, 2009
Messages
2,248
Reaction score
402
where are your temps so extreme that u need a heater at night and an a/c at day?

i have NEVER needed a heater. Grow indoor at night. Put your 12/12 at 7pm to 7am. then it can be about 80 24/7 in my grows...
:confused:
i wonder what my constant 80s temps 24/7 have altered with my grows, if any...hmmmm


i know i save $$$ on cooling costs.
 
2

24/7 stoner

Guest
Im not sure how to post pictures yet i tried with my last pics when they were healthy plants
 
2

24/7 stoner

Guest
Jericho said:
More detail would help.

What are temps out side? Day and night?
How many watts is the HPS and is it in a reflector?
Do you have ventilation out of the grow area? or just a fan moving air inside?
During the day there 50-60 and at night 30-40. the bulb is 250 and its a sun system i think ya its a reflector. I have a small fan sucking cold air in but started that recently. my space is 4 ft by 5 ft by 9 ft. im going to go get some pics and post them
 
2

24/7 stoner

Guest
Trojan46312 said:
Dude I've found that there's no cheap way out. I would suggest getting an air cooled reflector of some sort or an air conditioner. If u must use a heater during the off cycle, use one with a thermostat. As far as the leaf tips, it could be heat stress or nute burn. Some pics would be nice.
Heres a few that i have sorry it took so long for me to figure it out and get time to do it

I guess i didnt do that right. i didnt mean for those pics to be right their

These are just pics off the net to anyone who it matters to!!!!!!

005.JPG


017.JPG


008.JPG


009.JPG


004.JPG
 

Trojan46312

Well-Known Member
Joined
Apr 6, 2009
Messages
145
Reaction score
1
The one with the shriveled leaves looks like too much nutrients. I would flush and see what happens. The one with the yellow leaves looks like it doesn't have nitrogen. If you're in late flower it is normal but if not give it some nitrogen. That's what I would do at least. Wait until any one of the members above chime in as they are much more experienced than I. Good luck.
 
2

24/7 stoner

Guest
Trojan46312 said:
The one with the shriveled leaves looks like too much nutrients. I would flush and see what happens. The one with the yellow leaves looks like it doesn't have nitrogen. If you're in late flower it is normal but if not give it some nitrogen. That's what I would do at least. Wait until any one of the members above chime in as they are much more experienced than I. Good luck.
Flush means to just run water with no nutrients?

Anyone know were to get some good seeds?
 

Latest posts

Top