Smoking wood. And meat.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've got mostly pines (yuck for smoking) and maple (meh). I do have a couple of large apple trees, and when they lose a branch, I use 'em.
Never use pine. Ever, ever, ever.

I keep on hand 'hard' maple, oak, cherry, apple, hickory, a small amount of mesquite (that goes a long way with me, personally) and I get citrus wood (orange, grapefruit) from kin in Florida. If you smoke meat, try a chicken with citrus wood. If you can find it. You won't regret it. I use LOTS of apple! :)

I have an electric smoker on the front porch. I really like the convenience of being able to set the time and temp, and then forget about it.
Other than having to add a little wood here and there, that is.
I have an ample supply of hardwood trees on my property.
Plenty of maple, hickory, wild cherry, and oak along the edge of the yard.
I ain’t opposed to using beech, wild grape vine, mulberry, and various other sources as well.

I have an electric smoker on the front porch. I really like the convenience of being able to set the time and temp, and then forget about it.
Other than having to add a little wood here and there, that is.
I have an ample supply of hardwood trees on my property.
Plenty of maple, hickory, wild cherry, and oak along the edge of the yard.
I ain’t opposed to using beech, wild grape vine, mulberry, and various other sources as well.
I almost went for an Electric. Lot less work. But I knew I was Leaving 3 years ago. Started Down Sizing. So I finished up the last of my AR Dream Builds and gave them away to Close Friends. Put the Finishing Touches on My House, Sold it and Split with 2 suit cases and a Backpack and an International Bank Account with connections in SE Asia.

I feel a Ro Day O coming on.
PBR
A buddy of mine has a personalized license plate with PBRFAN on it. He got pulled over leaving the bar (he hasn't touched a beer in six years, just comes to talk and eat). Cop says, "You know why I pulled you over?".
Randy said, "No, why?"
Cop says, "Well, you pulled out of a bar with that plate on the back."
Randy told him to feel free to give him a breathalyzer test, and then explained that the plate had been transferred from his late wife's vehicle, and that it stood for Professional Bull Riding Fan.
A quick sorry and the cop went on his way.

One of my 20" HB .223 Wild 1-8,P223, NB Fail Zero BCG and 45 Degree Finger adjustable Irons, on a Customized Spikes Lower. SS Springfield(Custom Shop) 1911, .45 with Chip Mac Mags(Side Arm) and my XDS in .45(CCW).

Attachments

• DSCN0020.JPG
    DSCN0020.JPG
    5.6 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
My Sweetest Build. SS 300BLK Out, 11" Ranier Heavy Barrel. Nickle Boron Coated Upper, Fail Zero NB BCG. Customized Spikes Lower. Geissele Rail. I later added a 4X Chec Optic 45 degree Irons and knurled take down pins that said "Jarhead" on them, 30 rnd Gen III PMags Polished inside and Dry Lubed. This gun can be Operated Dry without slowing down its Cycle of Operation. It ran Fast. I ran it Super Wet. Accurate at 100 Meters with 150 Gr Supersonics, Blew my Mind. Gave it to my Best Friend before I left. I raised Both of his Boys when he was away. He almost Cried. Jarheads are like that.

Attachments

• DSCN0078.JPG
    DSCN0078.JPG
    5.8 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Latest posts

Back