Tragic LST accident injures 1

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tom O'Bedlam

Reaction score
The pic says it all. :eek: I wasn't being rough, just bending it a little. My only consolation is that this is an outdoor plant that I put outdoors b/c it was the runt of the litter anyway...but it was looking good!!! #$%^&*%#%#-er!!! These things break pretty easy. THe remaining plant is maybe 10 inchs tall...it still has leaves...will it do anything? :cry: Can I make a clone out of the amputated stalk?

Chalk this one up to inexperience...I thought they were tough critters...mj is hemp...hemp is tough...it's rope...rope = tough, right?

P7130004.JPG

If you drop a air stone in the glass of water with the stalk I bet you a million bucks you have roots in a week.

If you drop a air stone in the glass of water with the stalk I bet you a million bucks you have roots in a week.

Cut the lower leaves off it, recut the stem at a 45 degree angle while you hold it under water then dip it in rooting hormone (you can get this at most hardwares stores with garden centers or wherever) put it in a growing media of some type that has been thoughly moistened ( I use rock wool but jiffy cubes or a small pot of dirt do in a pinch). Place the cutting in a humidity dome or under a clear bowl or whatever as long as it keeps the moisture in and put it by a light. It will grow roots in 5-15 days.

done, but what about the surviving plant? I guess it'll do whatever it's gonna do..like it's been topped

Tom O'Bedlam said:
done, but what about the surviving plant? I guess it'll do whatever it's gonna do..like it's been topped
yeah, thats what I would do. It will probably sprout more heads. Who knows. good luck man, let me know if it works out..

Ok obvious novus. what is and where do you get rockwool??? Iv been to every plant/mega mart wallyworld +menards outdoor center. and no one has ever herd of it. is it really better than just the normal mix of perlite,gardensoil,wormcasting,with a pinch of bonemeal and normal dose of additives?

goldeneagle said:
Ok obvious novus. what is and where do you get rockwool??? Iv been to every plant/mega mart wallyworld +menards outdoor center. and no one has ever herd of it. is it really better than just the normal mix of perlite,gardensoil,wormcasting,with a pinch of bonemeal and normal dose of additives?

Um, try google...

goldeneagle said:
rockwool, are cubes that are soft, they give the plants room so the roots can grow, the best thing about them is, when you go to repot the plants, you can tell because the roots will be sticking out of the rockwool. Yes, they work great and are a good way to start your growth.

Latest posts

Back