transplant question for jiffy pellets to containers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

theblacksheep

theblacksheep
Reaction score
hi everyone
im growing greenhouse lemon skunk,dnas hashplant haze and pineapple express,they are currently in jiffy pellets about 2inches tall and have 1 or 2 roots growing out the botton and 1 set of small leaves,is this a good time to transplant into small plant pots?i will be transplantin later on to bigger pots for flowering.
im goin to be usin biobizz all mix soil which has a ph of 6.6 and a ec of 2.4 as this soil was recomended to me as it has worm castings,peat moss,spaghnum peat perlite and pre mix.
the only thing i was wondering is,is it better to transplant b4 the lights go off for the 6 hours or is it better when the lights go on?
any advice will be greatly appreciated

please can somebody help me this is my first grow and really dont wanna **** it up on a stupid mistake.

now, now.... please watch the language....

i'd wait until you have more roots before transplanting and put them under a constant 24 hour lighting cycle.... and i'm not sure if it matters that much, especially at that size, but i'd transplant early in the light cycle near when the light comes on or shortly thereafter....

thanks fleshstain for the advice,my only problem is there in jiffy pellets and on a flat saurface so the roots cant really go anywhere which was the main reason for the question,the only space for the roots to go is out the botton of the jiffy pellets is it not more beneficial in the bigger pots where the roots can have the freedom to grow downwards?
sorry if it seams like im not takin ur advice on board,i am as its cleared things up just wondering wots best to do.
thanks again fleshstain

it's not a problem sheep.... i used to use Jiffy pellets for rooting my cuttings.... i would wait until there were multiple roots shooting out before transplanting.... i personally felt it lessened the chance of tranpslant shock.... my main reason for waiting was i felt that waiting for more roots ensured that i did not damage the only 1 or 2 life lines my plant had during transplanting....

i'm sure you'll get more and different opinions on this topic though....

I'd leave them to...if you only have a couple roots sticking out, then there is still plenty of room in your pellets for more roots, let that thing start bursting with roots and then transplant. Just make sure to keep the root tips that are sticking out, out of direct light.

Latest posts

Back