Transplanting Bamboo

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

snuggles

I was there...he inhaled
Reaction score
My neighbors Bamboo is growing into my yard...bastards LOL. It's bad and I've have been killing it since I moved here. My brother in law wants it for his house. Anyone evr transplant bamboo. I do not know what kind but my guess is it's a runner type and it's about 8 feet tall at the highest. Any help would be appreciated....:)

Dig it out, give it to your brother-in-law let him stress whether it lives or dies.

I have dug up bamboo during the dormant season and grown at another site before with no worries.

As for your garden, some type of barrier as deep as poss along the boundry will help.

Copper nails driven into the roots and tubers may help kill it, works on trees.

Thanks guys, yeah he wants he gets it. I've been battling it since I moved. I said something to the neighbors and they said sorry...LOL. It's all good, I know in my township you have to plant bamboo in one of those entrenvhment deals to stop the spread, well they didn't do it and they planted right on our fence line...I may move some to the other side of my yard for privacy and to make it spread right back at them on the other side of the yard. Hey if they can do it so can I right? Plus I need some privacy over there for me and my dogs. My brother in law has a ton of land so he's not owrried...it's for when the baby grows up, he wants to hide the chain link fence and stuff. Thanks again guys, much appreciated have a good holiday and be careful....BE SMART no LEO stories on Tuesday LOL.

EDIT and in case you are wondering me and the neighbors get along fine...the bastard comment was in jest, they are good people but they have too many kids LOL. It's all good and I wouldn't piss off my neighbors, I might start growing at home again someday.

our old neighbors had it all along the fence line and it spead up to our house (a good 10-15 ft from the fence!) and we just couldn't get rid of it. watch that it stays away from the house,man. ants love that crap and they love an easy way to get into the house.

bamboo will root if you brutally break a piece off and spit on it so just hack it down, or let him dig it up :p

Latest posts

Back