tree growing in trees??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Couple problems you might encounter are the plants being blocked from sunlight and rain by the tree canopy. Also, more effort to get the water/nutes up to them. If you can pull it off, it could be pretty stealthy.

1st time a heli fly's over you may be found out also climbing the tree to water and fert will be a challenge IMO.

new of people who did this in trinidad worked well just a pain to water, although you could use a gravity fed drip system will a small 3 gallon resevior thats what i was gonna do just be sure and spary everything in camo!

wmmeyer said:
Couple problems you might encounter are the plants being blocked from sunlight and rain by the tree canopy. Also, more effort to get the water/nutes up to them. If you can pull it off, it could be pretty stealthy.

I planted under a huge tree in my backyard twice now. As long as the sunlight isn't TOTALLY blocked it will be ok. Even ambient sunlight is more than enough. Water 'shouldn't' be too much of a problem since even though the canopy might block direct water (which I think is good because hard rain has damaged my plants) but they will still get water from the ever moist soil. I wouldn't use nutes unless the soil was iffy and even then only during flowering. I know my soil is rich because it has accululated years and years of dead leaves and stuff which have decomposed and so on and so on.

The plant would tap its roots into the tree.No watering(maby first couple weeks)they get huge!

how would it work?
like what do you mean, in a tree house?
with your own indoor lights brought up there
or just build a big platform? and they grow
from the sun, but then theyll be visable
it seems like it would be a challenge..

no disrespect but its a pretty farfetched idea

i think if you built a small platform just big enough to hold the 5 gallon bucket or whatever you were using would be fine. it could be made very stealthy with a little bit of time to think up a good design

currently i have a week old plant in a christmas tree that is in my yard. the branches on the christmas tree are pretty sparse and its not too tall. i just found a nice spot in the branches where i could wedge a green pot into and broke some of the branches around it to give my girl some more light. i've been having some problems with critters when i planted them on the ground but this seems to keep most of them away. The tree is low enough so it isnt hard to water and it keeps them more out of site. I'm about to put more plants in similar trees...ill let you know how it goes.

DirtySouth how would this work??...i cant picture its roots tapping into the tree?

Put a hunting tree stand in the tree, cover all but the top to let light in with camo stuff, they make these to hide the tree stands, they blend in to the tree, anyway, put the plant into a 5 gallon bucket and shimmie on up there.
You'll look like your hunting, or bird watching, if you have binoculars, lol, haha.

You'll be in stealth mode, even the wife and dog won't be able to find you.

Latest posts

Back