Has anyone ever done a sideways grow?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bullshoalsguy

Bud of the Year
Reaction score
Sorry for my lame artwork. It’s a Raised bed with two plants growing out sideways. I was walking in the woods last weekend and came across a tree that had blown over but stayed alive, and every branch was growing up like a new tree. My thought was what if I trained the bush to grow 90 degree from root and let it go as far as it wanted. Would the branches all become great buds growing straight up? Would I lose too much bud from the back side? Just thinking about it
IMG_5564.jpeg

I know a guy that plants tomatoes along the side of his single wide house trailer, and grows weed between the trailer and the tomato plants.
Grows his weed just like you described.
He has been doing it like that for over 30 years.

My 2nd or 3rd grow, I trained the plant in a circular pattern around the pot. Got a lot of branches and bud sites. I think training them linearly would do the same thing.

On a previous forum, many years ago... There was quite a popular grower in our eclectic group based out of Colorado doing indoor vert action.

Before he caught a case he was doing indoor vertical SCRoG with lights that were like pillars across the room.... Never seen anything like it before then or since...but holy smokes, Batman... He would pull elbows on elbows...

He would veg his plants almost to the ceiling and then flip. . . Not saying I would do it, but it was quite impressive.

Sorry for my lame artwork. It’s a Raised bed with two plants growing out sideways. I was walking in the woods last weekend and came across a tree that had blown over but stayed alive, and every branch was growing up like a new tree. My thought was what if I trained the bush to grow 90 degree from root and let it go as far as it wanted. Would the branches all become great buds growing straight up? Would I lose too much bud from the back side? Just thinking about it View attachment 340738
You can absolutely grow sideways like a bonsai tree instead of getting one main cola you will get twenty maybe more top colas it’s fun

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back