Trying to figure out my plants...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

metalchick832

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I just had a quick question about my plants.

My plants only have three "fingers" per leaf... meaning that each leaf only has three sections instead of 5-9 like most MJ plants. Now, this is bagseed, so I have no idea where it came from. I remember reading something about a strain called "ducksfoot" or something like that. I think I remember that it comes from S. America and someone told me that "ducksfoot" makes a HUGE yield.

Does anyone know anything about this or ever seen a plant that only has three sections per leaf?

Thanks,
Metalchick

yes i have heard about this you
might not just be taken care of
it all that great maybe cuz i heard if
u take good care of your plant you will see 5,7,9
in sets of leafs i dunno it could be the plant
genetics also.

LOL.. not takin' care of them??? LOL.. My plants get better care than my cats!!!

Well, I guess what I'm thinkin is that it's genetics, but nobody seems to know what strain it could be?

~Metalchick

Well MC sounds retarded, our current plant (chopping next week) was the same, it was a clone and i think retarded leaves are something that do occur more in clones,

Anyway, yours is bagseed so it cant be that, but once we flowered her she grew some lushous fan leaves and plenty of them and is currently about to provide us with 4 large and 2 medium sized colas lol

All I know is that it's REALLY hard to take a cutting from because of the leaves. The growth nodes are extremely strange and it's hard to tell where to cut. Once my cam phone comes in the mail I'll upload some pics so that you can see what I'm talking about.

~Metalchick

P.S. I think my plants are retards... they don't listen to a word I say and they certainly don't talk back... LOL.

lol when you put it like that i think all my plants might have been retarded

de de de... LOL... OMG... I can imagine my plants drooling and slapping their chests!!! LOL! Actually, it kinda looks like that's what they're doing when the fan blows pasts them!!!

No offense to anyone of course... just a little stoned humor.

~Metalchick

the number of fingers on a leaf have really no bearing on strain. If you had ducksfoot you would KNOW it.

Don't worry about it... the older the plant gets the more fingers per leaf it will put on unless there is some sort of genetic mutation. And with bagseed mutations are normal.

Mr.Wakenbake said:
the number of fingers on a leaf have really no bearing on strain. If you had ducksfoot you would KNOW it.

Don't worry about it... the older the plant gets the more fingers per leaf it will put on unless there is some sort of genetic mutation. And with bagseed mutations are normal.

How would I know if I had ducksfoot? I've never seen it and I can't find a pic of it online anywhere. Would you happen to have a pic of it?

I know that mutations are normal with bagseed. I guess what I"m concerned about it whether or not it will affect the growth of the plant and the eventual harvest?

~Metalchick

Look up ducks foot and see what the leaves look like. The don`t look anything like an mj leaf so if yours looks like an mj leaf then its not ducks foot. If its not getting enough light and is growing small leaves then it might be why its growing only three parts per leaf. slim

Latest posts

Back