Turkey's ebb & flow trial.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How's this one comin along turkey?

I've been wondering what happened to the updates.

DomsChron said:

sorry! Didnt think anybody was watchin':p.. They are in week eight now,
I had some pretty ugly nute burn so Ive been a little reluctant to "show 'em off" :eek: The buds are swelling though and I think they're almost done.. I'll post some pics soon... thanks for stoppin by:D

Turkeyneck, nice grow man. i was wondering if you had any problems with mold or anything like that on the 4 inch rockwool blocks? I'm thinking of doing an ebb and flow using 5 inch net pots and 2 or 3 inch rockwool cubes with hydroton rocks. You think that would work? And by the way where did you get that awesome flood base for your system?! I've been looking all over the place, just can't find it. Did you get it online?

i feel you turkeyneck,i too kinda over dosed my babies.lol not vey photogenic huh?i know.it happens to the best.good luck

NewbieG said:
Turkeyneck, nice grow man. i was wondering if you had any problems with mold or anything like that on the 4 inch rockwool blocks? I'm thinking of doing an ebb and flow using 5 inch net pots and 2 or 3 inch rockwool cubes with hydroton rocks. You think that would work? And by the way where did you get that awesome flood base for your system?! I've been looking all over the place, just can't find it. Did you get it online?

Thanks! I screwed up when I got the 4x4x4" cubes, I meant to get the 4x4x2... they are shorter and would be able to be comletely covered with hydroton in a 7" tray like this.. I have a Botanicare tray that I got at the hydro store, but im sure you could order one.

Uploading pics in a few..

TURKEYNECK said:
Thanks! I screwed up when I got the 4x4x4" cubes, I meant to get the 4x4x2... they are shorter and would be able to be comletely covered with hydroton in a 7" tray like this.. I have a Botanicare tray that I got at the hydro store, but im sure you could order one.

Uploading pics in a few..

Would you suggest 4x4x2 as the right size? or can I get away with 1.5x1.5? I'm going to be putting them in black plastic pots for an ebb and flow system. My second question is have you had any problems with the white tray? I'm assuming that black is preferred maybe because it keeps things cleaner in terms of algae but have you ever had any problems? Also what kind of electrical tool are you using for ppm/ pH/ etc meter?
I'm sorry for all the questions but I'm looking to make my own system from scratch and this would be my first time growing hydro so I'm just trying to figure it all out. I plan on putting together a sticky for the ebb and flow system if it works and a "Hydro Start Up Kit" thread after that so people who want to know what to buy can start there.

Well After the nute burn you wont see these up for bud pic of the month or anything..:p ..But the buds are swelling, Trichs are 100% cloudy.. Im pretty sure this is a sativa dominate hybrid due to the long skinny growth and the mother took almost 10 weeks to flower outdoors with only 15-20% amber trichs.. so I figure These will be ready next in 6 to 10 days(hopefully)..

This was only my first time growing hydro..and Ive learned ALOT since I began this journey(with the help of some of the fine folks here at MP:D ) I plan to clean out the room and change a few things during the holidays and I'll be starting a new grow with some quality strains in the beggining of the new year.. Anyhow...Here they are:

What do you guys think?

3wk8.jpg

1wk8.jpg

2WK8.jpg

4wk8.jpg

5wk8.jpg

6wk8.jpg

TURKEYNECK said:
This was only my first time growing hydro..and Ive learned ALOT since I began this journey(with the help of some of the fine folks here at MP) I plan to clean out the room and change a few things during the holidays and I'll be starting a new grow with some quality strains in the beggining of the new year.. What do you guys think?
I think you've done an excellant job, man!

I can't wait to see the final pics of your harvest!

Good luck to you!

Stoney.

Wow man buds are looking really really good. I'm sure once you move up to good genetics they'll be huge. By the way, would you mind answering my questions I'm my previous post in this thread? I'd appreciate the help. Thanks again, and post pics up of the finished result when you got em!

NewbieG said:
Wow man buds are looking really really good. I'm sure once you move up to good genetics they'll be huge. By the way, would you mind answering my questions I'm my previous post in this thread? I'd appreciate the help. Thanks again, and post pics up of the finished result when you got em!
Thanks man, yeah Im unsatisfied with the strain..ganna order some good seeds for the next batch;)

1.5 will work for E&F..I used 4" because I had them in a drip system for veg..
The tray is awesome..no algae or mold.. It's heavy duty and easy to clean.
I have a Milwaukee handheld Ph pen that I ordered from hydrowarehouse.com for $57.49 after shipping, which is a really good price, and it works fine, however I dont have an EC meter yet so Im probably just ganna buy one of the Hanna combo meters that has it all...

Wow-wee, I need to ride out:holysheep: . Those ladies are finer than the swedish bikini team:hubba: . Once upon a time I would have been surprized, but not any more:cool: . TURKEY is the man:headbang2: . They look great dude, no doubt. Rockstar status you heard:guitar: !

turkeyneck,those are some awesome ladies.i haven't been checking on ya like i should have,sorry.i too love the hydro.its so much easier than dirt farming.no mess,no stinkin dirt.i had hell cleaning up my areas after i harvested the last soil grow.seems the dirt gets everywhere.
yeah,i'll meet ya at the bar and the 2nd round is on me and the 3rd,4th etc.hehe. you got it nailed my friend.keep it up.its sure nice to have several ounces on hand.seems like i smoke less now that i have plenty,lol funny huh.i sure do love the growing tho.so rewarding.good luck

Just think next grow will be even better! That is what I love about hydro, there is always room for improvement.

BuddyLuv said:
Just think next grow will be even better! That is what I love about hydro, there is always room for improvement.

Thats right! Im looking to order some WW and one more strain to play with.. I just dont know where to start..so many options..so many opinions.. How do I decide?

andy52 said:
turkeyneck,those are some awesome ladies.i haven't been checking on ya like i should have,sorry.i too love the hydro.its so much easier than dirt farming.no mess,no stinkin dirt.i had hell cleaning up my areas after i harvested the last soil grow.seems the dirt gets everywhere.
yeah,i'll meet ya at the bar and the 2nd round is on me and the 3rd,4th etc.hehe. you got it nailed my friend.keep it up.its sure nice to have several ounces on hand.seems like i smoke less now that i have plenty,lol funny huh.i sure do love the growing tho.so rewarding.good luck

Much thanks man!! Next time you visit the "fam" down here Im ganna take ya up on that beer! by the way, Im still waitin on an update on that crystal you got runnin bro!

lol,i might be heading that way soon.i'll let ya know when.
i'm always ready for a cool 1 or 2 or? i will post some more pics soon.they are looking good so far.
good luck on your grow and be safe

Latest posts

Back