TV services

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boo

old goat
Reaction score
where I live cable is pure crap, I have 1 option if you can call it that, comcast...they truly suk...netflix isn't an option due to their political stance so what are my options...what do you guys recommend for streaming...I have amazon prime and would like one other option...I don't wanna go broke and don't care for satellite...what are your recommendations folks...

Try OTA. Over The Air. Basically, that means stations that come in with a regular antenna attached to the back of your set.

Not sure where you are but my buddy in Ohio cut the cable about a year ago and says he gets over 60 channels with only an antenna attached to the back of his TV. He watches a lot of documentary and Nature type shows as well as the local news channels.

Just tossing it out.

I have a roof antenna charlie but programming down here doesn't include and nature stuff or nat geo type shows...lots of spanish stations and old westerns...thanks for popping in...

I have a roof antenna charlie but programming down here doesn't include and nature stuff or nat geo type shows...lots of spanish stations and old westerns...thanks for popping in...
Roku boxes and fire sticks give a bunch of programing. Both pretty inexpensive.

Sling tv is another possibility. Use your antenna for local, them for the rest.

Bubba

Good point about the Firesticks. They include apps like FreeVee, Hulu, Tubi, and many more. All of them provide free TV and movies with ads. I watch movies on FreeVee now and then and the number of commercial is very few. Hulu has more and Tubi sux with constant commercials.

Still, lots of choices and the firesticks are super cheap. Used, probably 5 or 10 bux.

Sling TV is my streamer. Has lots of channels and you can record shows. I run it thru my Firestick. My internet is Fiber Optics from AT&T.
I won't use Netflix or Hulu for the same reason you don't.

We get endless OTA playing of The Immigrant Song on an old antennae.. different dialects at times

We satalite dish with Howard Hughes Internet, which was bought out by Direct TV a few years back .. we run firestick ..

I have an AirTV antenna that I get about 70 channels with. And it's 4k so the clarity is awesome. And it's free. Ya don't have to turn a pole anymore😁

This is my AirTV antenna above the TV.
16870118231056815578397247769605.jpg

I have a fire stick but have no idea what I can get on it. Would love to break away from cox cable and crappy internet
You can do a lot with it. Visit a site called firesticktricks. If you do, get a vpn, as you may accidentally watch protected content.....you dont have to pirate protected content, and once jail broken you can download other things. Just be careful of protected content. You can use it to control things like your amazon prime, netflix, your other subscriptions, Tubi, Peacock, Vudu and so forth

Roku boxes and fire sticks give a bunch of programing. Both pretty inexpensive.

Bubba
I use my firestick for just about everything, but ya gotta have a internet connection, so I'm stuck with Commiecast.
I have Xfinity...sucks for the cost .... welcome to America.
You got that right. Got 'em for phone, security, and internet. When one goes down, they all go.
Sling TV is my streamer. Has lots of channels and you can record shows. I run it thru my Firestick. My internet is Fiber Optics from AT&T.
I won't use Netflix or Hulu for the same reason you don't.
I've got netflix and hulu because of the Pullet. I watch neither. I'm pretty much addicted to youtube through my firestick.

By the way. Your not really jail breaking your Firestick or doing anything illegal. It's actually just side loading Apps. Jail breaking sounds fun though. All your really doing is turning on a few things where you can download and use the downloader App.

My Comcast service sucks balls and they’re very aware of it and could care less. I’ve got my jailbroke fire stick, but the jail broke side of it appears to be in operative. I was wondering if there’s not some sort of service that I could subscribe to that would have the content that I want without costing me $80 a month.

By the way. Your not really jail breaking your Firestick or doing anything illegal. It's actually just side loading Apps. Jail breaking sounds fun though. All your really doing is turning on a few things where you can download and use the downloader App.
Thats right. You are going into its developer options and allowing other downloads. You also switch off all the monitoring and so forth. Then you down load a "downloader", then start downloading whatever.

Bubba

My Comcast service sucks balls and they’re very aware of it and could care less. I’ve got my jailbroke fire stick, but the jail broke side of it appears to be in operative. I was wondering if there’s not some sort of service that I could subscribe to that would have the content that I want without costing me $80 a month.
Like Weed hopper said, Sling TV and and antenna for local, probably less...

Bubba

Latest posts

Back