Ummm, *** leaves break when touched..

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dizoelio

Reaction score
Stats

Superthrive, water, MG 3 month slow release soil.

My plants are healthy, they mighta ate some of their first keaves, but seem healthy now I thought. THey are green and new growth is perfect, but one of the plants maybe 2 has issues. They have ram horn leaves... which I left alone since it looked healthy and didn't bother looking up what it meant, just figured since two of the plants had same type of leaves it was normal.

Today I was doing a light feeding with spray bottle. Some organic fert i used for bamboo, really good for ensitive plants. I was wondering why the two plants with ram horns dont smell, so I grabbed a leaf making it flat and it cracked. I grabbed another one and it cracked. Plant seems healthy otherwise. It looks like uncurling a curve into a flat plane makes the leaf crack is that normal? Sounds like celery... I ate the leaf.. tasted good....

Maybe a Magnesium prob?

Dizoelio said:
Stats

Superthrive, water, MG 3 month slow release soil.

My plants are healthy, they mighta ate some of their first keaves, but seem healthy now I thought. THey are green and new growth is perfect, but one of the plants maybe 2 has issues. They have ram horn leaves... which I left alone since it looked healthy and didn't bother looking up what it meant, just figured since two of the plants had same type of leaves it was normal.

Today I was doing a light feeding with spray bottle. Some organic fert i used for bamboo, really good for ensitive plants. I was wondering why the two plants with ram horns dont smell, so I grabbed a leaf making it flat and it cracked. I grabbed another one and it cracked. Plant seems healthy otherwise. It looks like uncurling a curve into a flat plane makes the leaf crack is that normal? Sounds like celery... I ate the leaf.. tasted good....

Maybe a Magnesium prob?
IMHO if your leaves are breaking like that you either have heat problems or you gave them to much superthrive.

..??..I thought I replied to this..? ..
Mg defficiency usually shows itself as a "canoeing" of the leaves (curling up at the edges)..and chlorosis along the veins....just the opposite of 'rams horning'...which usually is an indication of, (like tbg said) heat and/or over nutrification.

Well it was heat... the one that has bad leaves was closes to light.... fixed it now, it's twin is alright.

thanks for heads up Hick

Latest posts

Back