Use Cannabis Cash for Reform

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

terky

Reaction score
So I was thinking this morning. Most of the states with medical laws do not allow the clubs to make a profit. I have read about clubs buying houses to grow in and investing in the business is legal.

Money is power in America. We need to have people in Washington that for 8 hours a day are screaming about the benefits of Cannabis. The taxes it can bring in, the money Re-Legalizing it will save and the benefits to our environment that a Hemp Industry could provide.

Most of us would gladly volunteer but we have bills to pay. The reason they locked Marc Emory up was because he was giving tons of cash and publicity to get the laws changed.

Since the dispensaries cant make money it would be in their best interest to change the laws so that they can. Let the free market loose.

I am not a master of written language but I know business. Dispensaries are pulling in cash and I think the most respectable thing you could do with it is changing the laws to help your patients and the average stoner. Give money to the good politicians and the big players like NORML. Get the crappy judges and local politicians voted out of office. LA has a witch of a DA right now. If they could get her out we would all be in a better world.

Wouldnt it be cool if money generated through selling Cannabis was used in the political process?

It is not that hard to run a business at a loss and still generate lots of money...it's just what these despensaries decide to do with that money

terky said:
The reason they locked Marc Emory up was because he was giving tons of cash and publicity to get the laws changed.

Actualy the reason that he was locked up was because he imported viable marijuana seeds into the U.S.. And, he's a total egomaniacle tool.

Legalize cannabis and you can kiss it goodbye.

Major corporations will eventually take over.
Look at what they did to corn and soybeans in the US.

Think cannabis is exempt? They certiainly dont. It will get to the point to where if yuo save your seeds, you WILL be sued.

It's happening now. It is ILLEGAL to grow your OWN tobacco, yet tobacco is legal.

Think the same wont happen to cannabis? Right.

Keep it semi-legal and multi-corps wont touch it, hopefully.

The man with the money wins. Every time.

Hey Effen when did it become illegal to grow tobacco? Half the farmers around me grow it every year and sell it.

Most tobacco has a patent. Just like Soybeans and corn.

Tobacco used today is a GMO (Genetically Modified Organisim), and the federal govt honors those patents.

Grow GMO tobacco (which is 90% of varieties available) and you get sued, if they find out.

I see we are both correct.

"Agriculture and seeds provide the basis upon which our lives depend. We must protect this foundation as a safe and genetically stable source for future generations. For the benefit of all farmers, gardeners and consumers who want an alternative,

"We pledge that we do not knowingly buy or sell genetically engineered seeds or plants."

The mechanical transfer of genetic material outside of natural reproductive methods and between genera, families or kingdoms, poses great biological risks as well as economic, political, and cultural threats. We feel that genetically engineered varieties have been insufficiently tested prior to public release. More research and testing is necessary to further assess the potential risks of genetically engineered seeds. Further, we wish to support agricultural progress that leads to healthier soils, genetically diverse agricultural ecosystems and ultimately healthy people and communities."

...perhaps I may grow a bit of my own..

Does smoking plain tobacco cause lung cancer?
How do you cure it without benzene?
Can you trust any brand in america to be only natural tobacco? Shredded leaf with zero additives?
Factoryfags (cigarettes) are crazy disgusting, but I still enjoy tobacco every now and then.

Is there a safe tobacco?

Homegrown?

legalize_freedom said:
It is not that hard to run a business at a loss and still generate lots of money...it's just what these despensaries decide to do with that money

No offense legalize- but that is not possible for a very long period of time- sure you can do it for a few years, but unless the owners continually make capital contributions (or dilution through stock offerings to raise capital) to keep the business viable, creditors will eventually take over in one form or another. I speak from first hand experience.

terky said:
Wouldnt it be cool if money generated through selling Cannabis was used in the political process?

It would be very easy for a non-profit organization to do this- they could easily contribute to certain groups, like NORML, and still remain under non-profit status.

To put it very simply- a non-profit can't make a profit as a seperate entity- there is no limit on how much the people running it can be paid.

BB, I was thinking of non profit when I wrote that statement...look at the salaries of the heads of the aspca for instance.

Oh and no offense taken!

Latest posts

Back