Use of Red Light with white LEDs end of flower

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
R

ROSTERMAN

OK here's the deal running HLG Quantum Boards 3500K and am in last 4 weeks of flower , having never use white LEDs before I want to know if anyone knows if adding a Red Led board to the mix will help fatten up the Buds?

Quantum is just a term made up by HLG they thought sounded cool.. Spider Farmer runs exact same setup from boards to lights/diodes to ballasts..

And their actually is RED spectrum in your light along with a single UV bubl that supplies what the plant needs during
it's final days. Now, the one thing I've read up on that helps assist these wonderful lights is, COBB lights in flower
spectrum.. Read up on your lights spectrum and try to find a red that is in a lower spectrum ok... but read of great
results.. luck man

The red, far red and IR wavelengths are meant to stimulate phytochrome in the plant, which regulates flowering. I've never flowered under a white light like the HLG but I suspect there would be a benefit from the addition of some reds. You won't need a whole bunch or high powered, but my suspicion is that there would be a benefit to added some.

Thanks Just fishing, I thought it might help so I may hang a red panel I have

Buds are starting to swell, and getting heavier each day
Time to break out my bamboo.........................
Right Mr @Hippie420 ?
See the source image

Added red can and will help throughout the duration of flowering time but I doubt you’d see much effect if added late into flower. 3500k is a good all around color temp. It does great in veg and can make for some fat, dense buds during flower.

Look into adding UVB or UVA to your setup. With those spectrums, it’s been proven that they'll increase terpenes and potency when added in the last 2-4 weeks of flowering. HLG has done testing along with others and they see around a 20-30% increase.

HLG and RapidLED make add on UVA lights from small pucks to long strips. MIGRO(YouTube) just released a fluorescent UVB/UVA fixture that looks nice and is cheap. Lots of reptile bulbs also have UVB. I use the UVA puck from RapidLED and I believe it works. Plants get very smelly and I can notice the frost level increase once I flip that light on. They also use very little electricity and only on for an hour or two each day so they don’t really cost anything to run.

UVB can cause the plants defense mechanism to produce more trichomes. This is what I have heard and read, there is actual science on that one... 98.7% sure :)

Latest posts

Back