Using coco

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Surfer Joe

Reaction score
I got a bag of canna coco premium by mistake and it's not worth returning for the postage so I was thinking of trying to use it for a grow.
I plan to grow in 11L pots and hand water like soil. I plan to use canna nutes since I already use them in soil and I like them and just switch the terra vega and flora nutes for the coco a and b nutes.
I have never used it before and don't know its benefits or drawbacks so any general advice would be appreciated.
Does it need to be prepared before use? Should you add perlite to it? Do you need to flush it periodically?
Thanks for any advice.

I use coco chips as a grow medium, I usually recharge it by soaking it in a bit of my mute mixture and some Cal-Mag before planting...Then go easy on the nutes until they get established...I start my seeds in some kinda starter cube before putting then into the coco...After they are comfortable in the coco, I feed them automatically several times per day...my setup recycles the nutes and I change or add to it each week to keep the ph in the right range...

Latest posts

Back