Using water from the store

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

walkerluke

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I just wanted to ask if it was okay to use the generic bottled water from the store. I only have a few plants, and it's easier for me just to spend $3 to $4 a week on the large 3.5 gallon water jugs than to have to keep pots of water around the house, waiting for the chlorine to evaporate. Are there any problems with using store bought water? Also, if I am using Fox Farm Ocean soil, and I just transplanted to bigger pots, do I need to start feeding nutes. I know the soil mix already has fertilizer mixed in like worm castings and bat guano. Thanks.

I buy distilled water for quiet awhile now and I'm finding it not only a pain but pricey especially after a couple years, so recently I been looking into a RO unit I found a 2 stage one for 150$ canadian that filters the water down to .5 microns so I'll pick that up in the next couple weeks! So to me buying the RO unit pays for itself within the year so not only will it be easier on the wallet it will be easier on the back!

Phatpharmer

There is nothing wrong with store bought water.
If they sell R.O. water i would go with that.
good luck on your grow

I agree with phat 100%
I picked up a 6 stage ro system and a carbon filter but i use it in the kitchen also .
Nothing like pure water.
One way to test your water is to fill up a clear container and freeze it, then let it thaw . A lot of water will have white floaties in it.With good clean water you can freeze and thaw twice with no floaties.

store bought is fine but you still have to ph it.... i also try and collect as much rain water as possible to off-set the store bought water, but i only buy the disstilled water.........

Collect your a/c unit water this is also good stuff evidently ! Cowboy told us about it a while ago !

Latest posts

Back