Veg to bloom

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pax125

Ilvbd
Reaction score
I am about to put my 3 plants into bloom. A few questions. Here's my setup. Right now I have a hydroponic system. My veg are constantly in a tub together with the roots submerged. My bloom setup is an ebb and flow. This transition I am curious of. Do I flush before I move? I don't like the fact that the roots are exposed given the are always under water however when the go into bloom on the table they crawl back into the planter due to always being in the light. Is this a bad thing? When they get over to bloom do they need a slow transition adding less nutes at first and working my way up to full nutes to not shock them. Also what about letting them rest in the dark for 24 hours between the transition? I've had bad luck the past couple of times as after about 2 weeks in bloom the leaves start to yellow. The flowers still seem good on the surface however I do think adverse effects are happening within as they never really recover from that. I don't want to cause any damage or lessen the potency. Any questions feel free to ask. Thanks!

make sure to cover all the roots from light. light + ferts will result in algae and bad health for roots. you don't want to flush, you may need to veg them for a few days in the flowering area to recover from transplant shock if they have any

:yeahthat:
I don't know your feeding schedule n stuff but do you run veg(nitro) first 7-14 saying after the switch. Or just cut em off it completely

For your veg I. Picturing dwc. How do you go from veg to flower.
Medium pots fill tray n set net pots in it in table ??

LH

Yo pax all i would do is your next feeding mix half strength veg nutes and half strength bloom together then next week 2 back off all together the veg nutes and go straight bloom ,
as for your roots being in the light get them covered up

How do I cover roots that are going to a table. It was no prob in the tub. Now they will be in the open on the tray. This transformation makes me nervous. Is this common given these circumastnces?

make an opaque cover for the tray

Will that promote algae? An opaque cover made out of?

No it shouldn't Alge should only form if you have light hitting your nutrient solution.
LH.

Any suggestions on what to use as an opaque cover? I have a 4x6 table however there will only be 3 plants on there this time.

I don't quite understand going from DWC to a table? The roots grow rather differently in the 2 systems. I am not sure there is a good way to go from deep water to a shallow table. Roots should not be exposed to light.

It is not actually true that algae will only form if light hits the nute solution. I have seen algae form on rockwool many times. I always make sure I cover anything that could promote algae with hydrotron.

The reasoning behind the dwc transition to a table is I have both stages going at once and only one table. I would like to do them the same but its just not possible at this juncture. Should I be try to do something different so that I can have them both done the same way? Would be difficult to do due to space and I have put quite a bit of money into the table and would hate to lose that method. I do use hydroton on the planter to cover the rockwool but I have the rest of the table that exposes the roots coming from the bottom of the planter. I also use cal mag, hygrozyme and gh nutes. The veg look excellent right need to move to table. Naturally I'm a little nervous about it. I will do the 1/2 and 1/2 for a couple of weeks then go to full bloom nutes. Do u think this transformation is really having that big of an effect?

The Hemp Goddess said:
It is not actually true that algae will only form if light hits the nute solution. I have seen algae form on rockwool many times. I always make sure I cover anything that could promote algae with hydrotron.

True true. I've had peat pellets develop it on the outsides.
Wanna say its due to constant dampness n uv light.

I also run ebb pax so I feel your pain. You can either fill table with hydro ton. Cover it with Polly black n white net pots into top
Can xplant into pots n fill with hydro ton n onto table. Or.
Since I'm sick oh hydroton n what not am venturing into coco.
I will beagle to water like soil in veg out of system then plop inserts into system n flower I run n ebb n gro.
LH.

Latest posts

Back