Ventilation

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Papaya123

Reaction score
Im thinkin about using a ac unit (ie. swamp cooler) to cool my tent. Would that be enough to cool down the tent or would i need to exhasut as well? I biult my tent myself and about to staple mylar to make the reflective walls while keeping the top open for vent so the swamp cooler can push the hot air to the top. The pics of my tent (withou the mylar walls) are in my journal, just click the link ^^.

You need exhaust.

Are you using an A/C or a swamp cooler? They are entirely different things and operate on different principals. A swamp cooler should only be used in climates that are dry. And their cooling ability is limited.

You are going to need more ventilation. I think going with the 600W is a good idea for the space you have. You are going to want to air cool that reflector--the inline fan may be a good idea. You need both intake and exhaust fans, IMHO, to insure a good supply of fresh air to your space. A fan in the area can also help strengthen the stems.

I don't think that your build looks amateurish at all. You have obviously put a lot of thought, study, and work into what you are doing. I think it looks great.

Im going to use the swamp cooler and will prolly buy the fan soon. Thx Hemp for your compliments ^^

I live in a fairly arid climate and use swamp coolers in my home because we really need the extra moisture (humidity) that a swamp cooler provides. If you are not in a fairly dry climate, be sure to watch your RH.

Check this out. If you staple Mylar, put a small piece of duct tape where you staple and staple into that. It wont rip. No a/c get a bigger fan. It's a weed! Rock on!

this is just my opinion but if you're not going to have a top on that tent, and you're going to run a swamp cooler into it you should be just fine with the temps because nothing will build up at the top it will just escape into the rest of the room.............and the humidity from the swamp cooler should be real good for the plants until late into flower at which point you will have to watch for signs of mold if the humidity gets too high..............there too humidity will not or at least i don't think it should be a problem with no top on the tent

looks good keep us posted

Latest posts

Back