Vortex Fan Users

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Silver Bullet Special

Reaction score
Okay, so I'm going to be using vortex 6in 440 CFM fan. I'm debating between having it on the cieling of my room or putting it up in the attic.

My questions is how much noise would two of these things make running at half power on a speed controller? The fans will be in my bedroom closet so I'd like to be able to sleep at night if these things dont make a loud roaring noise lol.

Oh, and if I put these in the attic how much heat do these things generate? I don't want to burn my house down running these 24/7.

If they're too noisy then I'm going to attic mount them; but it would be much easier if I could put them on the cieling.

They run pretty cool and quiet, and that roaring noise you hear is most likely coming from the air rushing through the duct work. That is one of the reasons why I use insulated duct work, really cuts down on the noise

I have mine in my crawl space and can't even hear it at all. I had one just outside a small closet and even with a speed controller and insulated ducting, it seemed to me to make a lot of noise.

Okay cool hmm I'll probably try to build an insulated fan box with insulated ducting on the inside of the closet on the cieling first if that doesnt work I'll move it to the attic.

Thanks again! I'll probably take pics as I progress into construction and make a thread on my build. Starting the super soil ingredient gathering Monday!

Latest posts

Back