Wacky online Info...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dirtyolsouth

Zen Trichome Labs
Reaction score
Hello,

I came across a website poking around on the internet...

hXXp://howtogrowmarijuana.com/marijuana-lighting.html

It's looks like another 'how to grow marijuana' website... They had this "helpful tip" on light placement that is either way out of date or I'm way out of touch...

HID Marijuana Lighting Helpful Tips

Hanging height: Due to the heat that is emitted from these types of fixtures, you should hang them according to size. Smaller wattage systems (100 and 250) should be hung about 2 to 3 feet from the top of the plants. Medium wattage systems (400 and 600) should be hung around 4 feet from the top of the plants. High wattage systems (1000 and up) should be placed at least 4 to 6 feet from the plant tops.

HID Marijuana Light Output
Primary Growing Area
Supplemental Growing Area
100 watts
2' x 2'
3' x 3'
250 watts
3' x 3'
4' x 4'
400 watts
4' x 4'
6' x 6'
600 watts
6' x 6'
8' x 8'
1000 watts 8' x 8' 12' x 12'

So... this info is totally whackadoo! :confused: Be careful where you get your info...

Peace!:cool:

Its a shame sites like that exsit, some stupid dummy will read this info and think he's expert!LOL

Phatpharmer

At those distances from the canopy you would loose most of the lights intensity and not giving you enough light coverage or should i say Lumen's per sq ft.

Sounds like a pile of crud to me, they wanna be about 14 inches or even closer if there air cooled hoods :)

I get my 1000w 6in from canopy and my 600w I go with about 5in mind you I'm very well ventilated so them figures of ft away is laughable!

Phatpharmer

wth is that mess of info! You can have 1000w hps like <6 inches with a properly cooled hood! I would only recommend using the back of your hand for height adjustment.

i run a 1000 with out a cooltube. i made my own hood and designed it to channel air flow from 1 fan into another and out the door and its 15, 18 inchs from the canopy :)

Latest posts

Back