wall mart sues disabled woman for her nursing home money....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
trillions of atoms said:
u think i would post something like this and not read it before i posted? LOL

Who are you replying to and what in the world are you talking about?

POTUS said:
Nova, there are 20 grocery stores in the nearest town from me. I've experienced the exact same things you speak of in each of them.

Sorry folks, your arguments are weak.

If you just want to hate the big guy, then just hate em. You don't need to invent reasons. Just hate.

Well, i'd definitely get a check on those supermarkets. I shop at the local Safeway and have never pulled anything off the shelf there that had an expiration date and was expired. Ive never pulled moldy fruit from the bins. I go in there almost daily and frequently s'ee 3-4 people walking around and looking at product. That's whats suppose to happen, which is why i shop there. Ya its more expensive than walmart, but the fruit taste better and the meat are of better cuts. Ive worked grocery before, which is why i know what suppose to go on and whats not.

Your argument is weak! By justiftying your shopping based on the almighty dollar and supporting a company that is more vile than some of the nations worst killers. Walmart is scum, they are anti-union....no why would any GOOD company not want to be union, my local Safeway is. You base your shopping there because of the dollar! What would happen if a woman based being with you on money, would you like it? What if everyone you know based their associations with you on money? Do you think they would stick around? It's not all about the dollar! Im not some rich fancy-pants, but i sacrifice a bit more at the reigster when buying the food for my family! It means alot to me to know that my family members can go pluck an orange from the fridge, cut it, and enjoy it, knowing it didnt spend the last month of its life in a bin on a truck somewhere!

Im not rallying for labor unions or my local grocery, but c'mon people! You are what you eat! You eat trash, poor quality food, you're gonna be a poor person in life. You put that nasty crap in your body and expect to function on it? An orange isnt just an orange!

Haha, im done!

Nova

Hick said:
hmmm.. I musta' had .."Rump roast" for dinner...

Did you feel like you had a hot butt the rest of the day?

hahahaahahaha

They're serving "Mountin Oysters" down at the cafe. I'd have some, but then I'd feel like a real nut.

Kimchi always makes me feel like a cabbage head!

Had bacon for breakfast....I'm such a pig!

Had some grits with that bacon and now I feel so corny!

hehe, Nova, yer killin me!

I buy my tinned goods, toilet paper etc. from the local thrift store. My meat and vegetables are bought in the organic market and taste better without a doubt, and it supports the local "little guy".

At the moment I've planted onions, mushrooms, peppers, chillies and loads different herbs. Straw berries and tomatoes coming soon.

Today I will be marinated lamb, with new potatos and brocollli ;)

Runbyhemp said:
Today I will be marinated lamb, potatos and brocollli

Multiple personalities!

The Sybil of food!

No fair being three foods in one day!

I can see both sides of POTUS and Nova's argument. In POTUS' defense I got to say that some WalMart stores are better then others. I've seen it myself. In my case here in Texas, the newer stores seem so shiny and clean compared to the stores that opened just a few years ago.

And I have also seen some yucky things at my beautiful, shiny favorite Kroger.

About a month ago I was in my fav store (Target) looking for an electric fondue pot in the small kitchen appliances. Right there next to the display was a carton of strawberries. They had been there for a LONG time. They were covered in mold, and sticky strawberry juice was all over the shelf. As nasty as that was, it by no means ruined the store for me. I walked over and got someone and pointed it out. I was amazed those berries had been there so long without anyone noticing!!!!!! Surely we're talking 7 days +.

Sometimes I wonder if employees of these stores just don't give a damn and thats why you find things past their primes. You can't fault the whole establishment, just the few folks who aren't doing their jobs like they're supposed to in their particular departments.

I will say however, that Target is crummy for groceries, poor variety. Gimmie my Kroger any day. :p

It's ok guys.....

Im feelin a little SWEET today......had some sugar in my coffee!

Nova

NOVA-

My Kroger has a corner that is all quick sale meats. I have gotten some awesome deals there. Of course it's gotta be cooked ASAP, but still. ;)

We have a meat market by us, but I've never been there. Heard rave reviews.

Oh man, sorry TOA, I have veered soooooooo far from the original topic. Its my 1st time high since Thurs, been camping with the scouts. :p

SmokinMom said:
NOVA-

My Kroger has a corner that is all quick sale meats. I have gotten some awesome deals there. Of course it's gotta be cooked ASAP, but still. ;)

We have a meat market by us, but I've never been there. Heard rave reviews.

Oh man, sorry TOA, I have veered soooooooo far from the original topic. Its my 1st time high since Thurs, been camping with the scouts. :p

All stores do, but if you notice that the bigger grocery chains, like Safeway here on the west coast, they have an actual meat shop in the store. All stores do have their discounted meat, not everything sells, mark it down and put it out. I shop the discounted meats for nights we dont normally have anything planned for dinner. Saves lotsa money! They arent gonna sell ya something that is 1 week after its use-by-date, atleast mine wouldnt dream of it.

Walmart on the other hand only gets pre-packaged products, its packed somewhere else and then put on a refrigerator truck until its delivered. You ask them to cut you a 1.75" Porterhouse, they look at you like youre out of your mind. There's no way to tell exactly how old that piece of meat is.

Maybe im just a spoiled picky lil butthead, but thats my beef with wally, lack of service and attention to detail.

They got killer deals on the holidays though, always end up buying a few things there on most of the holidays!

Nova

Walmart on the other hand only gets pre-packaged products, its packed somewhere else and then put on a refrigerator truck until its delivered. You ask them to cut you a 1.75" Porterhouse, they look at you like youre out of your mind. There's no way to tell exactly how old that piece of meat is.

Maybe im just a spoiled picky lil butthead, but thats my beef with wally, lack of service and attention to detail.

:yeahthat:

LUV wal-mart

i especially like the way they tried to hide a bunch of products in the "Natural" isle to fool consumers. just cuz it said the word "natural". hahahahahah

wont see me in "those" places. cost me more to fix the door dings than i could ever recoupe in savings.

L8r

:bong1:

and by "those" places....i do not imply areas where lower income earners frequent.

i mean those places in which the consumers don't give a crap about others. i can pretty much count on getting stepp'd on, bumped into, the stink eye, and then the vehicle damage.....sheesh.

easily answers SM's question of how to stores can be so different. The difference is in the attitude of the shoppers. Some people care enuf to return an item to an area after they decide they are no longer going to purchase it.

Some just toss it on the shelf and say...."screw it, someone else will do that for me".

which shopper are you?

DISCLAIMER: *this statement is a generalization of shoppers in my own stoned observations and experiences while shopping at the worst example of a company for PROFIT the US has to offer.*

I'm starting to see why people in other countries use the term "Spoiled Americans".

There are lots of people who aren't well enough paid to have the luxury of shopping where the store is "pretty".

I'm one of them.

nuff said by me.

...Come on folks, I'm a "Greeter" at Wally World.... And they make me put on a clean shirt 'n britches everyday...they do care... :p

hey Potus.......i shop there occasionally....i just dont choose to "support" them with my frequent needs.

but for savings.....sometimes ya gotta. i can get castmasters there dollars cheaper per item, and as fast as i lose them it makes good fiscal sense. Having said that, if target had a good sporting section, they would earn my business. A dollar savings is not enuf to convince me to choose my buck there over other stores that are comparably priced. and again, this is a locality issue. Our wally world is horrible. the company has chose to punish the community. We voted to shut them out when it came to replacing the store with a larger "super Wal Mart". So in return, they built one 5 miles down the road, and have made the decision to shut this one down. I say good riddens, however, just like a crapy tennant who knows they are on there way out, they show now pride of ownership, they continue to stack stuff in all the isles, its the dirtiest store in town by far.

Reminds me of when K-Mart was going out of business after Wal Mart opened. i can tell you. K-Mart was much nicer than this Wally World.

Latest posts

Back