Warning for Googlers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
[SIZE=+1]June 29, 2007[/SIZE]
EU, US Reach Deal on Financial Spying
The European Union has approved a deal that will allow the Bush administration to continue its secret monitoring of international financial transactions. The records have been obtained through SWIFT, which directs trillions of dollars in international bank transfers each day. The program came to light last year and has drawn criticism for violating privacy rights. European Union spokesperson Frisco Abbing said those concerns have been addressed.
  • Frisco Abbing: “I think we have found now an approach which is satisfactory, both for ensuring that the EU also remains a reliable partner with the United States in the fight against terrorism, including the financing of terrorism, while on the same time very much catering for the very legitimate data protection concerns and needs which we have put forward."
But civil liberties advocates are voicing concern over the deal.
  • Amnesty International Belgium director Philippe Hensmans: "What is important is that people know that their data will be transferred to the United States and possibly to other countries, or at least to other organisations within the United States, and that those data could one day be used, be interpreted and used against them. As far as the use of data is concerned, we just gave a blank cheque to the Americans….” We should have been much more cautious. All this come to various data being exchanged, like the deal on ADN information who could also get widened to other countries, we have no guarantee against this, all this shows that our private sphere is shrinking and that's a matter of concern."

"Whoever, or where ever you got this information from has pulled it right over your eyes. There is no way what you're saying is happening. What you've said is PURE HOAX. If you think for a single second that anyone can actually access stored data on your computer without your permission, you're simply barking up the wrong tree. It isn't happening, has never happened and will never happen. I hope I was clear enough about it." :rolleyes:

Nik Peace said:
"Whoever, or where ever you got this information from has pulled it right over your eyes. There is no way what you're saying is happening. What you've said is PURE HOAX. If you think for a single second that anyone can actually access stored data on your computer without your permission, you're simply barking up the wrong tree. It isn't happening, has never happened and will never happen. I hope I was clear enough about it." :rolleyes:

STILL haven't seen any real evidence that this has ever happened by GOOGLE.

pfffft, back atcha.

No, Google doesn't do it. Only the tiny parts I've mentioned. Google has never downloaded anyones "Favorites" or anything else that wasn't directly concerned with their marketing.

Show me some real proof that they have and I'll enjoy reading it.

Just a follow up on what Draston had to say. Routers are very easily hacked if you do not setup a password on it. All it takes is a simple little piece of javascript and you are in. SET A PASSWORD ON YOUR ROUTER NOW.

Just like to put you straight on something Draston. Something you mentioned.

Your router will keep giving out the same IP's it was cause it doesn't matter unless you made it give out static ips

A router does not give out static ip addresses. The ip address has to be set manually on each machine.

I'm Microsoft A+ certified, been at this for 10 years and also have a diploma in teaching I.T.

Peace

The hell they won't. I have my router setup right now to give out a specific range of IP's right now and then you set every pc on the network to their IP in the range and thats how it works. That will also help with router security. But I mean if a BIG HACKER gets in your area and sees your wireless and wants in, he's gonna get in. Home routers are sooo easy to bust. I wish I could afford a cisco router we use in lab.... I don't have 5k to blow on a router though :(.

I see what your saying but maybe I didn't explain it clearly enough.

Ok everyone. As all of you should know by now, we don't allow politics on this site.

It causes too many pointless arguments.

If you can keep this thread to what Google does or doesn't do, I'll leave it open. If it strays back to politics, that will be the end of it.

alt.politics.usa

That's where you can take the politics. It has no business on a Marijuana group if it doesn't pertain to Marijuana.

Thanks,

Stoney.

I thought this was the coffee table... everything not about MJ :p.

Draston said:
I thought this was the coffee table... everything not about MJ :p.

Here's a copy of the Coffee table description. Notice what it says about politics not being allowed anywhere on this site...

Coffee Table
Almost everything under the sun can be talked about in this area! Let the discussions roam. Of course, discussion of other drugs, violence, personal information, that type of thing and 'politics', is still not allowed here or anywhere on the site."

This is because of past experience with political discussions that went nuts here. It was decided by the Admin, that it's just not worth the problems and arguments that develop as a result of political differences.

As I said in my last post, you can go to the Usenet Group "alt.politics.usa" and say all you want there. They'll love to answer you. On that site, you can cuss, flame, disrupt, argue and bicker all you want. That's the difference between our peaceful site and others.

I agree with Stoney. The rules are simply laid out and they do seem to prevent arguements. I don't care much about politics anyways, i'm here for marijuana so politics isn't my concern haha. Thanks for keeping a clean environment Stoney.

~Burn One~
Dewayne

well i for one havnt received anything relating to gangbanging stuff yet.

roflmao

pkj

this cant be a very efficient way of catching people, asking google their search history, thered be a lot more news stories about peadophiles getting jailed and illegal music downloading.

bet it doesnt stop them from trying though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back