Water color after drainage?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JeSus

Police Officer
Reaction score
Ok, its quite obvious that putting clean water through soil will make it a different color when it drains out the bottom of the pot, however, my clean water comes out urine yellow? Why, or how would it even turn yellow through a simple pass through soil?

It hs never been yellow until i watered just, And it just made me wondered, hope someone can shed some light, and if this topic is useless, feel free to delete.

Much Love.

Mine comes out the same way.....I even have algea growth in my drain bucket where there is no light (underneath my grow bucket).....explaine this?:cool:

nothing a good flushing can't fix..

place slow running hose in pot/bag for about 20 minutes.
I guarantee clear drainage..

Hey HGB!

What causes salt build up? The reason I ask is because I just noticed when watering my outdoor gal, that the water coming out the bottom of the bucket was light yellow!

Very dark green foliage or leaves that twist, spiral or fold in on themselves are a sign of overfeeding. If continued plants begin to wilt and die as they loose water to the salty nutrient. Remedy by flushing the plants growing medium with lots of plain pH balanced water. Begin feeding again only when healthy new growth appears using a reduced strength or frequency of feeds.

Hippy

BonesBUD said:
Hey HGB!

What causes salt build up?

chemical nutrients is the main thing, and a flush at 3 times the volume of your pot size will remedy the prob.

peace

Latest posts

Back