watering, lights on or off?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

New_2_Chronic

Gone Baby Gone
Reaction score
what is the most beneficial time to water in flower? when the lights come on, or when they are off?

IMO it is best to water when the lights come on because that is the only time they are really going to uptake nutes... at night or lights off, the plants rely on the energy they generated during the day, but they do not create any new energy because they need light for that, so they really do not even eat at night

I water when the lights come on as well. I have a question though. Did I once read that you have to be careful misting the leaves while under MH or HPS, I thought that i had read that the water acts as a magnifying glass and can burn the leaves. Is there truth to this or did i misread someone's opinion?

cadlakmike1 said:
I water when the lights come on as well. I have a question though. Did I once read that you have to be careful misting the leaves while under MH or HPS, I thought that i had read that the water acts as a magnifying glass and can burn the leaves. Is there truth to this or did i misread someone's opinion?

I know peeps that foliar spray. know peeps that said they had trouble. i don't see a need to foliar srpay unless correcting a def. but if it works for ya go with it if not...don't.
I myself never had a prob unless there was something in the water that made it spot. mineral depostis and chlorine, floride, and other things will make leaves spot. IME I only foiliar spray with distilled water when i have to. it is a weed and used to moderate-hot outdoor temps in open fields not a swamp. at least way i look at it. rain never hurt it much unless its bad and causes mold.

I've never done a spray, never seen the need to. Just thought i would throw that out there.

yes thats correct you shouldnt foliar spray with the lights on, will burn em,,,, I think foliar is the exception to the rule and if you are foliar feeding it should be done with the lights off. I wouldnt do it in flower though. because of mold...jmo

Best time to water is right when the daylight kicks back in, just like most people said

I tried watering when the lights were off but I couldn't see where the plants were so it went on me instead.

leafminer said:
I tried watering when the lights were off but I couldn't see where the plants were so it went on me instead.

:rofl:

Latest posts

Back