Cloth Pots

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kevinn

Reaction score
This is my 1st time using cloth pots (5 gal). With standard pots, when watering a just let the run-off sit in the drip trays (adds some much need humidity) because the roots are up out of it. With the cloth pots, should I shop vac out the drain trays after watering as pots and roots will be sitting in it.

This is my 1st time using cloth pots (5 gal). With standard pots, when watering a just let the run-off sit in the drip trays (adds some much need humidity) because the roots are up out of it. With the cloth pots, should I shop vac out the drain trays after watering as pots and roots will be sitting in it.
The cloth pots will leach it all up. Do you still have a drip pan?
edit. I see yes you do. I do the same water till a little runoff then stop. Pans are dry in a few hours

So I use 5 or 7 gallon cloth pots all the time...I am organic, but if you use salts they will leach into the fabric...hard to get out and clean...but I never water to get runoff as it is organic soils being topdressed...which brings up a problem I noticed on my first couple of runs years ago is that you have deep dry pockets usually under the rootball...I remedy this by putting 2 or 3 Dixie cups of water in the pan and letting them wick it right up, then water normally from the top and that does the trick.

Latest posts

Back