weird growth

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Muad'dib

Reaction score
I have two bubble gum ladies that have been flowering now for 6 weeks.
The pistils are just starting to turn red, and i have now changed them over to water only (no nutes).
Over the last two weeks, I have bumped up the feeding to the highest on the chart that came with the Advanced Nutriends Grow, Micro and Bloom.
Whats the prob? Well, i have got some weird growth out of the top of some of the colas, my first thought was that the plants were trying to re-veg themselves. I checked for light leakage --- none. The only factors that could have affected the plants are the high nute feed, and the fact thats its been 95-100 degrees during the day, in my grow room. I turn the lights on at night now so that the temp doesnt get much higher than that, in fact, night temps are 80-85 max.

Has anyone an idea what is causing this? Will i have any probs?
I am planning to harvest within the next 10 days.

Thanks..

M

pic 1.jpg

pic 2.jpg

Hey bud ,you said that the temps were getting to high in ya room during the day so now you run the lights at night how far into the 12/12 cycle did you change the hours so as the light goes at night time,id say thats proberly why they are doing it they got a bit stressed when you changed the light on em well thats wot i think has happend.Just keep a close eye on them to see if that new veg growth is still growing.What ferts r you using if organic you can feed right through untill harvest an it wont effect the taste or anythng

I changed the lights over from 12/12 on during daytime at week 4.
I let them have a double dose of dark and then set them on 12/12 on at night. Its been two weeks now since the changeover and i thought that it would have settled down.

The buds are looking real nice now, and have started to gain a heavy frosting of tricomes. The new growth is only from the top of the colas, and has all the calyx's etc showing female. It just isnt really budding on the new growth.

Nutes are Advanced Nutrient Grow/Micro/Bloom. I dont think that they are organic, but, the next grow will be 100% organic.

My thoughts are that I will just keep the girls growing for another week/two and watch the buds. When these start getting milky, harvest.
Ok... I wont get as much as i would have but, something is better than nothing.

I also have three clones waiting in veg at the moment, they are gonna be put into flowering as soon as the other gurls get pulled. This time I will just leave them on night time light.

----
EDIT

Just went up for another look .. and... we have bud formation on the new growth

Looks a lil too close to your light. Top of the bud is getting too hot imo.

Reflector has a glass cover on it and is vented straight outside. I can put my hand on the glass and it is only a little warm.
At first i thought it may have been a heat issue, but, the veg growth is on most buds.
I am leaning towards agreeing that this was stress related. The new growth is starting to grow buds (very quickly) and so I am not really that much worried anymore.

Thanks for all input.

pic 1 shows the veg growth on a bud half way down plant 2.

Pic 2 shows a little veg growth at the bottom of plant 2.

Pic 3 shows normal growth from the middle of one of the side branches on plant 1.

Both plants show some new veg growth (which is now blooming), but plant 2 shows more than plant 1. This leads me to believe that plant 2 got stressed a little more than plant 1.

Now the question is.....
Should I go ahead and harvest in about 10 days (which is my forecast based on hairs and tricomes); or should I wait for the new growth to finish its buds??

I dont mind losing the top of the buds where it has veg'ed.

pic1.jpg

pic2.jpg

pic3.jpg

WoW !!,
That's a trip, never saw that happen before. As for when to harvest remember the timing according to the discoloration method, and grab accordingly, hopefully you won't have a serious issue affecting the timeing too much. I always hate choosing the lesser of two evils.
smoke in peace
KingKahuuna

update.....

the couple of inches of 'veg' growth grew with loads of calyx's and it looks like its gonna put some fat buds on.

The rest of the plant is looking great.

Latest posts

Back