what a waste..

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

x Big Dave x

Reaction score
:(

My white queen's have been going for 9 weeks now and due to some heat and watering issues they got stressed a few times so was never expecting a normal yield. Problem is in the last week or so i've noticed they stopped packing on any trichs and i've got next to no pistols showing anywhere. Yet the buds are still packing on size and weight :confused:

I was hoping to harvest but after chopping the first 1 i've noticed it's like they've gone into veg mode! pretty much the lower half budsites have lots of lil lush green leaves and popcorn bud but they have barely any trichs at all and it still smells like grass - no hint off maturing bud. The top half are bigger, denser colas but again... very light trich cover and the small inter leaves are pretty much trich free.. This didn't happen on my first few grows!

So im not sure have I got hermies? I did notice when I was trimming her/him there were loads of lil bugs/mite thingys falling on to the paper and on my gloves. I tried to take a pic but you can barely make out anything, their that small!

mites.jpg

So I tried a sample of the greener stuff after letting it dry for a day and nothing........Have I grown duff weed?!! I'll let some of the higher up buds dry out for a week and give them a sample but as it stands im worried i've grown a big ol bush of smokless foliage!

Im pretty new to growing so any advice welcome.

Oh and I'd had them in 24 hr darkness but decided i'll give them another week 12/12 as I gave the room a bit of a spray with some 'fruit and veg bug killer' after seeing all those lil critters..I know it's late in flowering to be spraying but I was stoned and I panicked! :eek: they'd only been flushed for a week so i'll just carrying on flushing.

Thanks for reading and any tips you might be able to offer...Im off to go and cry and smoke a spliff that won't get me high.

hte bugs are stressing the plant so much that it cant use its energy to make trichs.. if you get rid of the bugs and grow longer the plants may gain in potency...

Thanks 2Dog, thats what I was hoping for.. Hopefully the spray will do the trick and i'll give them another week or so. Fingers crossed!

Here's a few other pics, not great quality im afraid.

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg

are the leaves spotted at all? showing distress?

75% of the leaves have just about had it.. They yellow'd up around week 6 and never really recovered, I think they've been slightly under watered at times as well due to the long distance. Last time I try a remote site grow again!

As for the remaining leafs, they look healthy enough and no signs of stress (no spots or major discolouring).

The third pic shows what I mean about the smaller leaves still being plain ol leaves, no trichs at all :(

they have these crystals that hold water..you can put at the bottom of the plant..maybe try those next time

they look hungry to me...what is your ph? are you watering just till you see runoff? it is hard on them to be dry then flooded..

Hi 2Dog, Thanks for the crystal tip. I tend to give them 'just enough' water each visit, when I first se run off thats when I stop. I haven't measured the PH for a while but I know the water going in tends to be around 6.5. I think you could be right in that I don't think they enjoyed being let go so dry then being flooded. Im gonna try 1 last feed with nutes before 2 final flushes, should give me another 10 days under 12/12.

1 last question if anyone can help: Do the buds become more potent after drying? im just looking for some hope that maybe after these 'not so crystally' buds have dried out that they might be worth keeping? Im not sure how much of the THC converting goes on after they've been chopped?

Thanks again...

I am soooo gutted!! :(

Just wondering if anyone else has managed to get anything smokeable from plants in a similar state to mine?

Would anyone recommend I switch back to light nutes? (been flushing for last 3 feeds) and if I get the bug problem sorted out, grow them out for another 2-3 weeks? (12-13 total flowering). They seem to have sativa'ish leaves so maybe I could pull off a bit of a rescue act and get something worth keeping - as it is I wanna chuck 'em! :cry:

Cheers umbra - least thats 1 set of thumbs up to carrying on. I've no idea on how to make bubble but i've also got space/time limitations so im just hoping to make some bong food :)

btw the buds are actually still increasing in size and im only now starting to see some lil pistols among the buds so im hoping their not all grown out.

I think they are trying and need more time.

Thanks 2Dog - I can only hope!

btw congrats on the bud pic of the month, she looks a beauty.

Latest posts

Back