What am i missing?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ganjier

Bud of the Month Winner
Reaction score
I admit, I have been busier than usual but I have been on top of my grow. I backed off my ppm since last week, but I am getting these same copper spots. I am using well water with a ppm of 150 out if the tap. I let the water breathe for 48 hours before I use. I add cal mag, and grow. At around 500 ppm. The plants did perk up a bit, but I feel like I am missing a nutrient or something. I never had this problem with store bought water, but those days of lugging gallon jugs are over. I really don't want to add a filtration system. I would just like to iluse my tap water. Any ideas, remedies?
I want to flower in the next couple weeks but not until I get a handle on this. Some plants do not have these on them, but show paleness like a hungry plant. I am confuses.
20230913_084854.jpg

Screenshot_20230913_084935_Gallery.jpg

Pre washed and loaded coir right?
Some coir is harvested close to the sea and washed in the salt water for packaging.
When I grew in Cococoir I always washed it good before use and mixed up cal/mag 5ml to a gallon and soaked it overnight before use.

That a starving plant most likely locked up from the negative ions in the medium..........

Looks like nutrient lockout with a possible side of PH issues... Which would explain the lockout.

I'm not a coco grower tho. I know there are subtle differences in ph and watering... Hope this add to your confusion. Lol. Justtttt kidding. I'm sure you'll get it sorted.

Edit: Also.... Anytime I hear coco... I think cation/anion exchange...and then I think calcium... Always with the Calcium.

Last edited:
Have you ever had your well water checked? You could send them a sample. Most counties will test it for free or a small charge. It may give you some idea of what you are putting in your plant and allow you to adjust. It does look sorta like a calmag deficiency but could be something else. What is the PH of your well water?

Have you ever had your well water checked? You could send them a sample. Most counties will test it for free or a small charge. It may give you some idea of what you are putting in your plant and allow you to adjust. It does look sorta like a calmag deficiency but could be something else. What is the PH of your well water?
I havnt had well water tested yet, but the ph is high, 9.0. I add ph down and get to about 6.0. I added epson salts today to the feed. Lets see! Fingers crossed.

Pretty severe lockout. My .02 is a pH issue...
I did recalibrate my blue lab ph and ppm pens when I moved here a month ago. I will check calibration here soon. I am pushing my well water ph down from 9.0 to 6.0.

Also, do you happen to have a water softener?

We shall see how they react....so far they seem to have perked up quite a bit....I need to get my water tested so I can alleviate the issue.

Latest posts

Back