What causes flimsy stems?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gixxerman420 said:
I'm using a 6 bulb T5 set up that's 4' long... All 6500k bulbs at 5,000 lumens per bulb (30,000 total). It was a bit further from this plant than the others for a few days, I have a fan directly on this plant and have lowered the light slightly to hopefully regain some strength...

I have a 8 bulb T5 that is about 2" above the tops of mine.

Ive always associated small puny stems to not enough fan to blow them around... imo

whelp, turns out we're all wrong! My case of flimsy stem was no doubt caused by drought. I went over this afternoon and she was almost touching the ground! I watered her with a 2 liter full of water and less than 5 minutes later was able to pull on the stems and watch them bounce back into place! There are pictures in my GJ (link in sig) entry number 139... Hope this helps someone out there with similar issues!
edit: Link to picture of NLB after watering and recoup, slightly heavy in the leaves looking, but will update with newer pictures in a few hours... Looking 200% better than she was!
View attachment 163710

Here's a link to a picture that resembles the shape that Northern Light Blue was in five minutes prior to the picture above; I literally watch her stand back to attention from this position in a matter of minutes!
View attachment 163741

Plants that are deficient in potassium usually have slow growth and root systems that have poor development. The stalks and stems are also usually weak and thin and provide poor strength.

Roddy said:
OOOPS, I see you'e using more lighting LMAO....this is what I am using!
Well that makes me giddy!:D Really! I've seen your grows and to imitate your monsters would be great! It was no doubt the drought I guess! I watered her and she stood right back up! She's as strong as ever now! I've got 5 days til 12/12 switch! :yay: For me!

StoneyBud said:
Plants that are deficient in potassium usually have slow growth and root systems that have poor development. The stalks and stems are also usually weak and thin and provide poor strength.
I just transplanted from 1/2 gallon pots and the roots looked more than healthy, She's fine now; it was drought... I had been watering them all the a=same but for one reason or other this one sucked it up fast! I doused her with an entire 2 liter of water and watched her stand back up... It was a life changing event!:D

Roddy said:
Stop abusing the poor gals! :rofl: :rofl:
i know right!? I dropped the light on the auto, then thirst NLB half to death... What next; nute burn!?:rofl:

my stems are always flimsy about week 6....;)

*heavy OG buds roll with that gangsta lean

:rofl:

OGKushman said:

Lean wit it; Rock wit it!:rofl!!!

OGKushman said:

to quote myself

i cut a nug...about a week early. Ive been needing some to sleep and ive been having to buy it :( for real

ca2eb156.jpg

OGKushman said:
to quote myself

i cut a nug...about a week early. Ive been needing some to sleep and ive been having to buy it :( for real
That buds got the lean! :rofl: looks like some descent smoke there bud! (no pun intended)

oh its just a bottom. the whole plant looks sad and leaning. Not unhappy sad, more of a YOU FOOL! I CANT TAKE ANY MORE CARBOLOAD AND P/K SPIKES - so now im leaning over and tired sad...
Ya feel me:confused:

:fly:

OGKushman said:
oh its just a bottom. the whole plant looks sad and leaning. Not unhappy sad, more of a YOU FOOL! I CANT TAKE ANY MORE CARBOLOAD AND P/K SPIKES!
Ya feel me:confused:

:fly:

LOL, I'd like to feel the buzz off that poor plant you're abusing with carboload.... :D

Latest posts

Back