What else has everyone got growing?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well ok mum just came and asked me to put a few jalapenoes in the dinner...so I did, then I thought ooh lets try those miniature peppers... from what I found on the net they are edible... SO (hehe) I chopped one up and had a taste and OH MY FRIGGIN GOODNESS those babies are HOT HOT HOT! Much hotter than the jalapenoes! I thought they were sweet haha!

So can anyone tell what they are? :D

sounds like an ornamental pepper, but i don't think they are for human consumption lol.

I picked some jalapeno peppers the other night and grilled them with a friend of mine and it was the first time I have heard him eat a pepper and a few minutes later say "Oh Dear God..." LMAO. I agree those peppers are HOT. Are habanero (spelling) peppers hot off the plant Thorn?

no idea that habenero plant is my first of its type and only bought it yesterday hehe :D They are meant to be one of the hottest I believe :)

Well my fella just had the one I chopped up mixed in with his mash potato...so if he's still alive tomorrow we'll know hehe!

I'm pretty sure they are edible as all the ones online I could find that were miniature were :)

Thorn said:
haha so far so good but we are a little dfrunk :p

:holysheep: that remind me of the days when I went to this bar and Got drunk on beer and whiskey and ate some jalapino peppers and that didn't mix well with me and meet (RALF) and all that was worst coming out then going in !! Ithink my throat was burning for Hours after all that, so I never did that again..

heres a list of a few plants ive been growing this summer
jalapenos, thai hots, tomatoes, 4 kinds of hops, oregano, rosmary, orange mint, tropical pitcher, purple pitcher, and a few african violets that almost died until i put them under fluorescents.

thanks everyone for stoppin in. the other half is still alive so i'm fairly sure i can say those miniature peppers are edible :D and yea i like to be careful when i'm drinking as i know i don't have a great tolerance, so its not very often i get drunk hehe :)

So I been harvesting lots of peppers, and ooooh they are HOT! Here's just a few pics I took earlier in the month. Of course I have a LOT more red/orange peppers now. The Jalapenos go such a LOVELY red colour!

See pic 4...what is that all about? Its meant to be a jalapeno lol. All the others on that plant looked 'normal' hehe! Pics 1, 6 and 7 are lanterns.

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

4.JPG

5.JPG

6.JPG

7.JPG

habaneros are super hot.i love them and buy them at horrocks.they will set the woods on fire among other things.i love hot peppers of any kind.especially cayenne.they are not real hot but tasty.i like to make pepper sandwichs with the.just mayonaise and peppers.

Here's some of my boyfriend's lantern chillis he picked out for drying.

I did ask about jalapenos and if you can dry them in the same way as I wasn't sure but no one answered so to be on the safe side I just chopped them up and froze them.

I have been keeping seeds from the hottest and nicest looking peppers to grow and maybe sell. How I test them... lick them with the very tip of my tongue! It was actually rather amusing describing the difference between each ones heat... like "ooh this ones a lingerer!"

Chillis!.jpg

I planted sum poppies indoor about a month ago. They are strong and on their way. The strains are giganteum, tazmanian and Persian whites.

Wow, I just found this pic on my phone. These are my babies as of June '08... they're WAYYY bigger now. I'll have to take an updated shot in the next day or 2 for comparison. They are: Black Krim Tomato, White Brandywine Tomato, Tiny Tim Tomato, Improved Dwarf Meyer Lemon, Dwarf Kaffir Lime, Dwarf Barbados Cherry, Dwarf Pomegranate, Miracle Fruit, Dwarf Orinoco Banana, Top-hat Blueberry, Catley(strawberry) Guava, 'Pineapple' Guava, Basil, Dragon Fruit, Loquat Tree, Goji Berry, Salvia Divinorum and of course 6 or 7 lowryder 2s!

0608081501.jpg

andy52 said:
habaneros are super hot.i love them and buy them at horrocks.they will set the woods on fire among other things.i love hot peppers of any kind.especially cayenne.they are not real hot but tasty.i like to make pepper sandwichs with the.just mayonaise and peppers.

You're a maddog Andy.

I'll never forget a mate of mine and me one day decided it would be a good idea to eat a whole raw birdseye chilli. We weren't even drunk; go figure.

Dear Dog that was hot as hell.

Nothing would quench that fire; not milk, butter, cucumber yoghurt; all the usual favourite remedies nothing would work.

And that was only the entry!

Cabbage, Tomatoes, Cilantro, Bell Peppers, Mango, Coconuts, Star Fruit and recently potatoes

although these produced seeds and then died

There are many herbs that produce seeds and die.
The best way to stop them from dieing is to pinch off any flowers or flower buds before they can be pollenated.
Using this technique i have managed to keep a sweet flowering basil plant alive for 2 years.

My husband and I are trying to live off our land(quite unsucessfully right now) but I try to grow all kinds of stuff... We have fruit. pears, satsumas, a muscadine... We have herbs, thyme, basil, oregano, rosemary, sage, parsley, and chives. We are not doin vegs right now, no room inside, and to cold outside.... I am goin to try container veg gardening this year... My chickens make it impossible to garden out in the main yard... They eat everything!!! I love it, I wish I was better at it...

funky pineaple art!

Please if anyone can help this please do. I don't knwo what is wrong with my habenero here...i thought i'd saved her but now she's dropping leaves and flower buds again. What does she need?

1.JPG

Latest posts

Back