what light should i use. help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bk527

Reaction score
i have a veg closet i built in my room it is 4' tall, 5' wide, and 2' deep. 40 cubic feet. i have a 250 cfm fan for my exhaust fan. I am not wanting to use flouresent lights. my question is what size of metal halide lights should i use if I can at all. I was kinda thinking 250W. I just dont know if that is to much heat. Any ideas would be appreciated.the doors arnt on yet but you get the idea :smoke1:

073.JPG

078.JPG

076.JPG

I think 250watts of mh would be spot on for that space. Just remember to have a small fan to stir the air under the bulb.

Have you thought about how you'll control the odor?

I think that fan would be plenty to exhaust the heat, but you'll need a carbon filter somewhere (unless you're comfortable exhausting right outside), and that may require a different type of fan.

what about 2 250W lights and why not metal halide. im not to woryed about smell have card and no close houses.

Two 250watt MH will definitely give you better plants, but since heat is an unknown, I think one will be plenty to start out with. You'll have around 2750 lumens per square foot, which should work fine.

You can always buy another if you find you need more of a harvest.. and who knows, by that time you might decide to enlarge the room, or go with a HPS instead.

Buying a conversion bulb for the mh, for flowering, will definitely help. MH are strong in the blue spectrum, which is great for vegetative growth, but red is needed for flowering.

It's hard to tell where you have that fan mounted, but I have a flowing space about youe size with a 250 HPS and some T5s to suppliment the light, anyways, the heat in my room is fine as I have a fan (same cfm as yours) pulling air right past the light. stays right around 78F. good luck!

the box is just built in my flowering room wich is 7L/5W/10H. it is just for veging. i was kinda thinking of buying a 12 bulb balist for t5's and runing 4 in the box and 8 in the room. in the room ther will be a dubble 400MH.

Latest posts

Back