what light to us?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

420passion

i have a space of 4 x 2 x7 i wana go with a 600 hps or mh but i dont know if that will be to much should i go with a 400. i wana go with 2 blue cheese plants. going to use EcoPlus Carbonaire 4 for the smell with EcoPlus 4" Inline for the air going out.a dayton axial fan for the intake air. let me know what you think. this will be my frist indoor grow.

8 sqr feet =40,000 lumens flowering 24,000 vegging...a 400w shld cover that I think...the HPS bulbs are usually rated at like 50,000 lumens...

I am assuming the 7 is the height...you worry about that when it comes to ventilation...you will need to exchange the air in your grow space...

This is a great place to start reading>>>http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9396

420passion said:
yes the height is 7.

Well that comes into play on cubic space and is what you wld base your fan choice on...

that would b 56 cf and the fans an stuff that im picking out are a little more then i need but thats the small ist ones i can find so i guess im doing it right lol .but the 600 watt would b way to hot and stuff for the room i have.

I hve a 600w in a cool tube and it runs cooler then my 400w in a standard reflector by quite a bit...if you think you might like this hobby and might go bigger in the near future a 600w in a cool tube might be a good choice...I say that because I bought my 400w first and then after getting a 600w I wish I had bought a 600w the first time...

the best way is to buy a 150w HPS and a 250W MH and 400W HPS, successively. In the cubic space you have, i think 600w is overkill. the 150 are useful for sub-canopy. One online site sells switchable electronic ballasts w/ 3 yr. warranty for use with BOTH HPS and MH bulbs (of same wattage.) The 400w puts out about 50,000 lumens, the comparable MH puts out about 35,000 lumens. It's helpful to invest in a quality NIST-cert. light meter (about $50 - $75).

Latest posts

Back