what should i do

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

allmashedup

ive got 3 week old babies. that arnt growing very fast. ive got them on 18/6 at the min. and i wondered wether putting them on 24. they would grow quicker. ive got the 400watt light around 3ft away . i havnt seen much growth for about 3 days now. am i bein impatient?
any advice welcome. thanks lots.:confused:

your lamp should be about 10 to 12 inches away from top of your plant not three feet put your hand at the top of your plants to see if its to hot at 12 inches if not bring it down closer.you dont want to burn them

id use day light colour flourescents at that age ,no need for 400 watt

Yes, bring the 400 hid down closer to the tops of your plants. 10 -12 inches is good, but that might be too hot. So, if it's too hot at 12 inches or so, then raise it to 15 to 18 inches from the tops of your plants. 3 feet is definitely too far away. In other words, your plants need more light to grow faster.

Some people also give their plants 24 hours of light and I understand that they grow faster like that. I on the other hand, do 18/6 because the man at the hydro shop told me that plants need a dark period in order for certain metabolic processes to take place.

Alistair Young , I agree with your Hydro Guy ... I think a shut down during the Veg cycle ( 6 hours dark ) only makes sence.

Bring the light closer.
Feed and water.
Give love. :)

cwoper said:
Alistair Young , I agree with your Hydro Guy ... I think a shut down during the Veg cycle ( 6 hours dark ) only makes sence.

There is actually no scientific proof that I could find anywhere that this is true--only anecdotal information. Just because we need sleep doesn't mean that plants do.

i have grown under 24-0, 18-6, 16-8, 12-12, IMO, you get taller plants with any light off period, and shorter bushy plants with 24-0, with the exception of 12-12 and of course they will more than likely be short and bushy... just my thoughts, but you should keep you light as close to the top of your plants as you can get it without burning it. hold your hand between you light and just above the top of your plant ,no burning or stinging , your fine....

The Hemp Goddess said:
There is actually no scientific proof that I could find anywhere that this is true--only anecdotal information. Just because we need sleep doesn't mean that plants do.
I have just went through R.C. Clarke's Marijuana Botany and was unable to find anything stating that having a plant under lights 24/7 is the best way to grow a plant." There is actually no scientific proof that I could find anywhere that this is true--( 24/7)only anecdotal information...We are all made up of the same elements ( plants and animals ) maybe Alistair Young's Hyrdo Guy is on to something.Rest just might be a good thing...

cwoper said:
I have just went through R.C. Clarke's Marijuana Botany and was unable to find anything stating that having a plant under lights 24/7 is the best way to grow a plant." There is actually no scientific proof that I could find anywhere that this is true--( 24/7)only anecdotal information...We are all made up of the same elements ( plants and animals ) maybe Alistair Young's Hyrdo Guy is on to something.Rest just might be a good thing...

I didn't say that I thought 24/7 was the best way to go. I simply said that there is no proof that plants needed a rest period, as was asserted earlier. Plants and animals are really quite different in their make-up...

Gettinggray1964 has, IMO, pretty much called it. Plants with less light will stretch during the dark period and, while they are taller, their internodal spacing is longer. Plants vegged under 24/7 are shorter with closer internodal spacing.

Latest posts

Back