what size breaker in main for a sub w/ 125 amps

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
this is a good thread with both interesting and valuable information. i am very soon going to be expanding and am going to be in need of a little advice in the power area, i hope it is okay to maybe come askin for a little help when required from ya there viper.

.... sorry to burst in on your thread like that doc :) :48: .

ok by me ta2dguy --- glad to help , just hit me up when its time

hey doc , what type of heat you running gas or electric ? and what size breaker is the pool equipment on 50? and is the range a 30 or a 50 ?

i looked at you grow room power requierments and am still left wondering why you need anything near 125amps...i may just be totally off course but when i think about what i run and my power requierment(45amps) i just don't get it..something tells me you can get by with much less...i had a certified electrician(good friend)..i can run 4x1000w lights, 1 500w floro light 3 6" vortex fans , 4 air pumps, 2 water pumps, all my shop lights on 45amps...not trying to argue, just save you some trouble.

he worked it out and realized he didnt need 125 amps

ta2dguy said:
this is a good thread with both interesting and valuable information. i am very soon going to be expanding and am going to be in need of a little advice in the power area, i hope it is okay to maybe come askin for a little help when required from ya there viper.

.... sorry to burst in on your thread like that doc :) :48: .

not a problem guy. thats what the threads are for.

viper said:
hey doc , what type of heat you running gas or electric ? and what size breaker is the pool equipment on 50? and is the range a 30 or a 50 ?

furnace is gas on a 15, pool is on 20, range is a double 40, air is double 30, dryer is double 30.

PUFF MONKEY said:
i looked at you grow room power requierments and am still left wondering why you need anything near 125amps...i may just be totally off course but when i think about what i run and my power requierment(45amps) i just don't get it..something tells me you can get by with much less...i had a certified electrician(good friend)..i can run 4x1000w lights, 1 500w floro light 3 6" vortex fans , 4 air pumps, 2 water pumps, all my shop lights on 45amps...not trying to argue, just save you some trouble.

hey puff i was under the influence when adding numbers...haha. yeah im trying to do a sub w/ 50. you running your 1k's on 240? thanks for the heads up, appreciate it.

currently with everything on and running at the same time you are roughly drawing 85.5 amps

and with the additions you want to add which is 5700 watts and not a va more you would be drawing 96 amps ,,, so you would be pushing it close but thats with everything on and running at the sdame time ,,,, and thats a 30 amp sub panel and not a 50 which will carry what you want to add .

Latest posts

Back