What size carbon filter do i need?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Type_S150

Reaction score
Im trying to figure out what size filter i need. My room dimensions are as follows- 9.5'L x 5.5'W x 9.5'H. Id rather be safe than sorry, so a little too big would be better than not big enough. im using (2) 1kw lights if that matters at all. Everything is rated in cfm, but i dont know what cfm i need. I will have 12 girls total. thanks.

Some ppl like exchange of air multiple times a minute. I usually just do once a minute. So multiply the above figures then get a fan and matching scrubber that are the same cubic feet.

Yup... for an area that's 496 cubic feet like yours all you need is a carbon filter/fan that is rated for 100cfm... a Can Filter 33 (27 lbs.) is rated at 200cfm and would be a great option along with a 200 cfm fan. You can also get a Speedster voltage controller to regulate the fan speed.

Happy Growing!:cool:

i think you will want to clear the air at least every minute. adding a carbon filter decreases the cfm the fan can move. i would recommend an 8" inline rated at around 700-750 cfm, and get a filter that fits it.

200cfm will be much too small if this fan/filter combo is also being used to vent the heat from 2 1K's (unless hoods are aircooled and have separate ducting and fan). in any case, it cant hurt too move alot of air, if anything it will help.

if you already have an exhaust on a temp switch or reistat(which I believe you have)I would add an ozn-jr,they run 85-90 dollars and will clean 100 cubic ft,my room is about 580 cubic,I run 2 and a 4" can fan w/filter of of a greenhouse unit,my room smells like ozon(that sweet smell you get after a rain)always,don't run a scrubber fan/filter,it will cost you in start up an on electricity to run 24/7,getting rid of heat and smell are 2 completely different subjects,lets not confuse the two,haha,my 2 cents good luck,this is fun when you get it right

Latest posts

Back