What The Hell Was MTV Thinking?!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ProjectIcarus

Bring on the Info!
Reaction score
:holysheep: I just happened to catch a show on MTV the other day titled "Busted!". For those not familiar with this show, it's about young adults getting pulled over for everything law enforcement can pull someone over for. Anyways, there was a young man that was pulled over for something, or other. To make this short, he had swallowed all of the marijuana he had on him. One of those informational boxes pops up saying that swallowing marijuana could result in an OVERDOSE! What the heck is that about?! I have never, NEVER heard of anyone in history overdosing on marijuana. I will never again watch anything MTV puts on the T.V. They are a manipulative corporation, and they are LIARS!!! If you're reading this post, please do yourself a favor, and BOYCOTT MTV. Thanks!

P.S. Here's the link: http://www.mtv.com/ontv/dyn/busted/videos-full-episodes.jhtml

Unfortunately it's on STD....I mean MTV's site. Just click on "Herbal Snack".
LAter,
Project Icarus

any chance can you find that scene from youtube and post with hxxp?

maybe that will catch our attention ?

MTV has a mind control grip on thousands, if not millions of people.
Dumbing them down and replicating them into duplicated zombies who all talk and dress the same and only worry about their social status.
It's horrifying. Stay away from the television...

Shows on MTV and VH1 nowadays makes me understand why terrorists hate this country. Paris Hilton has her own MTV show where she is trying to find a best friend... Guess if you slut it up and get your family and friends to hate you enough you have to resort to getting a show to find a friend!

I LOVED Beavis and Butthead!!!

You gotta think about something....marijuana is illegal and folks like to use any scare tactics they can. This is not something new, it's been going on for decades.

Take D.A.R.E. for example. My kids are taught in school how terrible weed is, so since I am a respectful parent I keep my use hidden from my children. I want to be a good role model. When I feel they are old enough to know the truth I may approach it. Grrrr, I hate DARE. It teaches them nothing about moderation. When I grab a 2nd beer on the weekends they sometimes ask me if I am going to get drunk. :rant:

to hell with MTV....they gayed out long ago...now they make billions by destroying americas youth,rotting their brains and teaching them it's cool to wear your pants below your buttocks......i think i hate MTV more than any other mainstream media outlet....who cares what puff daddy thinks

SmokinMom said:

You gotta think about something....marijuana is illegal and folks like to use any scare tactics they can. This is not something new, it's been going on for decades.

Take D.A.R.E. for example. My kids are taught in school how terrible weed is, so since I am a respectful parent I keep my use hidden from my children. I want to be a good role model. When I feel they are old enough to know the truth I may approach it. Grrrr, I hate DARE. It teaches them nothing about moderation. When I grab a 2nd beer on the weekends they sometimes ask me if I am going to get drunk. :rant:

I had DARE the first year they had it back in like 1988.I was one of the top kids in my class:D

but don't you know how "cool" MTV is ??? i love rap songs about "ho's" and car rims and "gettin' crunk in da club" ,and whats better ? we can hear them 24 hours a day ???? it's great i tell ya ! a whole generation of uneducated weeny kids in oversized clothes, speaking uninteligably and showing NO respect for teachers/parents....most of the kids are so cool they've already shot someone and risen to "OG" status among his weeny friends....freedom of speech is one thing but it does'nt mean you dont have the responsibillity to NOT promote garbage

ProjectIcarus said:
:holysheep: I just happened to catch a show on MTV the other day titled "Busted!". For those not familiar with this show, it's about young adults getting pulled over for everything law enforcement can pull someone over for. Anyways, there was a young man that was pulled over for something, or other. To make this short, he had swallowed all of the marijuana he had on him. One of those informational boxes pops up saying that swallowing marijuana could result in an OVERDOSE! What the heck is that about?! I have never, NEVER heard of anyone in history overdosing on marijuana. I will never again watch anything MTV puts on the T.V. They are a manipulative corporation, and they are LIARS!!! If you're reading this post, please do yourself a favor, and BOYCOTT MTV. Thanks!

LAter,
Project Icarus

Good point. While we're at it let's boycott any media that spits propaganda. Including, GASP, the internet. :p

:giggle: this should answer ur ? :giggle:

If "overdose" means "enough to make you uncomfortable" then the answer is yes. Note that people suffer from alcohol overdoses all the time but don't necessarily die from them. One of the signs of alcohol overdose is vomiting. A lethal dose of marijuana would be at a ratio of of 1:40000. That means you would need to injest 40000 times the amount of marijuana that it would take to get you high. The lethal ratio for alcohol is between 1:4 and 1:10

Man I quit watching MTV when they stopped playing music videos. So like 14 years ago or something lol. Yeah its hard to trust just about any media outlet in north america, and trust me I'm including the Canadian media there. If you really want to know whats going on in your country read news from other countries. Its sad but true.

Knowledge is power!!

MTV= Rock the Vote
They are into the politics

Love how they say no to drugs 2 minutes later snoop dogg is on smoking a blunt.

Hypocryits- don't think i spelled that right

SmokinMom said:

I think you see more of these ridiculous programs and commercials about marijuana because they are losing the war now. Seriously, how many states have inacted medical marijuana, and so many more are about too. California is about to, or has, make it legal :) I feel very optimistic now, a few years ago I never would have seen this coming.

IMO, MTV is bad...

I let my kids watch mtv until I caught one show called "next" they was showing all boys!! gays!!! I ran to the tv and turn it off... I told the kids, I don't think its approval!! I'm sorry... man mtv let boys kissing each other yuck!!! I cant watch it!! what makes mtv ceo piddy daddy willing to let it happen? and he let his kids watch men in "next" dating each other yecch! I do not like at all...

Muddy Paws said:
I read that one myself...overdosing on MJ means you can't remember raiding the fridge before you passed out the night before ;)

i o.d. on burritos AFTER smoking marijuana, damn Chipotle, and the guacamole they rode in on

if u can't remember raiding the fridge, i beleive thats a MJ "blackout".

Latest posts

Back