what tv would you buy

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

astrobud

bhc# vhc# 5150
Reaction score
ok if you could buy a new tv next week and say you could spend 1800 dollars and you want a 46 or 48 inch. what would you get , a plasma or lcd. i have hi def on sat but my tv is meesin up and i have extended warrenty and they tell i can get a new one with credit for my old one.just wondering:confused:

LCD, and I bet you can find one that size a bit cheaper. Good luck on your quest.

I'd go with an LG first off from experience. 46" LCD 1080i.

the reason i like LCD is in direct sunlight or any light for that matter, there is zero glare. The LCD tv's run at much lower temps than plasma. Plasma's tend to burn images, for example if you watch bloomberg tv or CNN the ticker on the bottom may appear to be there when tuned to other channels. The plasma is also not gamer friendly.

i guess thats pretty much it.

I would buy a plasma it has more colors that LCD. I would buy a Samsung or a phillips in That order and buy a extended warrenty its well worth it.

MCM

I'd say LCD. I got a Polaroid 46'' LCD and it looks better compared to my brother Samsung 52'' Plasma. It has more colors , no glare, and a 178 degree veiwing angle.

i would buy a plasma, if you like sports like football or anything else that moves pretty quick there seems to be a tiny bit of lag on the LCD(Ghosting??)

although plasmas are a bit more expensive

someone mentioned plasmas will burn the screen faster, yes they will...use the sleep timer!

and whoever said it already.... LG, for me, has the most brilliant colors and details on the screen

The above is only my opinion...

I have regular viewing of both and personally I find Plasma to have a much better picture than LCD, I have however viewed an incredibly expensive LCD which looks just as good. The issue of plasma tvs burning images is a problem though. especially with things like game consoles, and sport scores. most networks are kind enough to watermark their ticker these days but some still dont and they suck.

Keep in mind plasmas also have a life span that I believe is much shorter than an LCD.

If you dont need massive size then personally I love classic CRT TV's, best picture out of all three types.

Trippy

My 65"HD Toshiba I bought in 1998,,i just put 500.00 in it and its like new again. This thing has one of the cleanest pictures I have ever seen on a Projection Screen(from anywhere in the room). Split Screen,, alows me two 32.5" screens to watch two football games on at the same time. Very cool,,,OR the second side turns into,, 12 little screens(poping thru channels):ignore: Its a mans wet dream guys.;)

Don't get a plasma its old technology and their gonna stop make them soon. Get a LCD for sure. 1080P is the best they got out right now and soon all the TVs made are gonna be 1080P, so i'd suggest to get it. Stick to a more well none brand such as toshiba, sony.. ect.

My brother has a Samsung plasma and it is not that great. My brother also has a Lg That is over rated, also which is a LCD.

Also you have to realize it's not just the TV it is just as important about the hook up service you are using.The best to get is Fios from verizion. Wow does that make a difference.

Surprised nobody mentioned this yet, but make sure whatever you purchase it has the new 120hrz technology in it.

This allows for much better motion tracking. It is the BOMB!!! :holysheep:

I have a 52" Mitsubishi 1080P with "Turbo HD" I have no complaints, THO, a year after we bought it the lamp burned out :confused: ($250 if it was not covered, Mitsubishi said that was strange) I have a 3 year warranty on it though. Warranty's are the thing I look at the most :hubba: when it comes to buying major electronics I buy mine from Costco (don't know if they are across the US) regardless of the item they always give you a xtra year coverage :hubba: in house.

I stress on warranties so much that we went and bought a new car last week, think I am getting old because we bought a Hybrid (Accord V6) gotta love 39 miles a gallon.

LCD hands down - I would have got a Visio if they didn't give such a deal on the Mitsu, my dad has a 62" Panasonic Plasma, yes little better of a pic BUT I don't really care if I can see sweat or the way peoples skin shine or whatever the differences are, I just don't see the need to spend the extra $ for something that has a "shelf life" of 8 - 10 years eventhough that is along time..

I have 1080P HD sat. XBox 360 Elite through HDMI, my Wii hooked up through component cables, and finally my DVD is HD also through HDMI. So to say the least, I am pretty satisfied with my LCD :hubba:

Still can't stress it enough. GET 120HRZ!!!

It is new technology and soon will be a standard among all top brand TV's.

I`m with cowboybudsky...DLP..it`s the mirrors.....Ive got 56 incher picture clearer than both the lcd or the plazma..and I also can split screen..very cool...check it out...and if bulb burns out you can get replacement on the net way cheaper than mfg.....

thanks all, i have a 42 inch giving me the problem, they will replace it so i guess ill stick with the lcd but ill get a 48 inch with the new tech in it. so what brand should i get?

Latest posts

Back