what up,new dude needin some help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
what up ima new guy 2 tha forum and new to growin so any help from any of u fellow plant parents,green thumbs and out right stoners would absolutely be fantastic,cuz i dont know how to do **** hardly except smokin' it , but im open and willin to hear anything,im a pretty broke dude so i cant afford to much supplies and im doin what i can to keep the plants alive with limited resources,but any way howdy!!:aok:

Welcome to the forum man. If I were u I would start reading up before growing. That way u will get a good grasp on the concepts and ur first grow will be successful

yop and remember we are here to help each other so any question just ask oh and by the way welcome

I don't feel so alone anymore as I to am a noob of the board. Welcome! :)

hey welcome to MP. well i think at some point that we all started out with very little. well maybe not all of us but i did my first plant was under a flood light lol but hey it worked and i got high off it lol so its all good. any way if u need any help feel free to ask anyone here or pm me will be glad to lend a hand peace

right on, ive read alot about it but im just really tryin to look for an easy, CHEAP way to grow some decent buds,cuz im kinda not rackin in 2 many chips right now,but i really dont want my plants to go to waste,ya know so pretty much like a real simple list of neccesities to at least get an allright crop out of it,that is if it is a feme!!~

hey sam u have a walmart near u??? thats a good place to get cheap lights that work great for growing.

right on, i gotta couple flourescent bulbs from like ott lite technology,sez they r like natural daylight 4 plants and stuff,i hope theyll work out, my plant has grown a little but some of tha leaves have curled or shrivelled and some got yellow spots on em and their is like 4 little shouts out right now and one of them looks like it aint doin to good,anybody know what that might be?

The spots could be from pests - tiny spider aphids, from which you would notice strands of web among the plants. Curling leaves are usually a nutrient problem, although it is natural for a few leaves to die off as the plant goes along.
I don't know what size containers you are using, and what the soil/drainage is like. I found that this is helpful to getting healthy plants. Bigger containers, and the best soil I can get to, with an inch or two of gravel in the bottom and holes for drainage. Be careful of overwatering. Say you've got a 10" container with a small plant (under 12") in it. Probably won't need to water it more than once a week.
Leaves could also be curling up from wind burn if there is a fan on the plants. They do need some gentle ventilation when they're small but that's about it.
The little floro bulbs should be ok when the plants are quite small, though more would be better. Maybe a sunny window is possible?
Be very cautious with fertilizers. I hope you can get these plants looking happier in the coming weeks. It's a tough plant, usually, and can bounce back if things don't go too far. Most of all just read all you can. Go to Borders and read Ed Rosenthal books while you sip coffee.

Oh and also, make sure those little CFL bulbs are close to the plants, 3-6" or so.

Latest posts

Back