when to make the change?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flaboy88

stays blunted up
Reaction score
i jus noticed 2 white pistols on the 5th node today.. my plant is about 10 inches give or take.. when should i make the change from 24/7 to 12/12?

o, and she has been in veg for about 4 weeks.

Whenever you want, it's up to you. Depends on your space, ready anytime now.

would there be any reason for me to keep her vegging longer or would it jus be best to make the switch now?

Hello Fla :)

4 weeks.

Are you looking at the Stipules?

:peace:

2 2 Stipule.JPG

Hi Bud,

You can flower anytime after you see pistils appear but remember during flowering your plant will approx double in size if it's indica dominant and can go triple the current height if is a sativa dominant strain. I think if you flower immediately though you can short change yourself on yield. Sure your plant is mature and will flower if you put it in 12/12 but it all depends on how much space you have and the penetration power of your light. What kind of light are you using? If you're using fluoros, CFLs, or low wattage HID lights you'll want to flower your plant smaller because the light wont penetrate down through a tall plant. If you have a 400w, 600w or 1K hps or MH you can let your plants get larger. If you wait and continue to veg for another 2-4 weeks you'll get a much better yield. You can also consider many techniques for getting a shorter bushier plant such as topping, LST and SCROG where you use a screen to hold the canopy of buds at an even height from the light.

Happy Growing!:cool:

i have it rite now.. it is def female preflower.. i see the stipules u were talkin about hippie.. but there is def the female part.. so wut would b best now.. still veg for a week more or so and then make the change or make the change to 12/12 now? another question is i read in some1's grow that their plant normally have 2 gowth spurts in flowering (ex. vegged to 18 inches switched lights and 1st spurt to about 36 inches and 2nd to bout 5 ft) will i b lookin at growth spurts in flowering becuz my plant is about 10-12 inches and would like to get a bit taller.

ok.. thanks dirtyolsouth.. i guess i typed my last response same time as you cuz u answered it all for me.. i think it is more indica dominant.. i have it inside but im startin to see a couple tiny tiny flies and have seen some aphids so was thinkin about moving it outside to try and give the grow room a lil cleaning.. but ya, i think ima let it veg for another 2 weeks or so to give it about 6 wks total veg time and then move it outside

Latest posts

Back