where do i find out how to tell if a LED Grow light can help me flower ???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lovbnstoned

Reaction score
appreciate all the feedback I can get

lovbnstoned :cool: :icon_smile:
olstoner :tokie:

lovbnstoned said:
appreciate all the feedback I can get

I am a new grower myself so take my advice with a grain of salt but I recommend any of the lights by California Light Works. I did a lot of research on leds and I picked the CLW Solar Flare for a couple reasons:

1) made in America with solid construction
2) they don't lie about the power rating and additionally they should theoretically provide good penetration because of the 5 watt diodes
3)from my research other people using the light have had success, which is most important to me:)

Sorry if I didn't help much but maybe take a look at it!

Good luck

those look awesome,, but way out of my price range,,, I just got done saving my house,, i'm in the hole bad. gues it looks like im going to have to try T5's,, I know those r not he best but it's all I got.
again thanks for the info

Good LEDs that will get the job done are going to be very expensive.

Keep your eyes open for good buys on T5s and HPS lighting. Sometimes you can find a great deal at thrift stores, yard sales, or CL. I picked up 2 150W HPS security lights ($2 each) once that I changed into grow lights. I have them set up in a 32 x 32 tent right now. I found a 400W MH at a storage unit sale for $20 (gave that away after I started using T5s). Good deals out are out there.

happyhead have U grown n flowered a plant successfully ???

Well, I've been closely looking at the products from California Light Works lately. I do believe their VegMaster would veg plants very well, but they are too expensive...

I emailed their customer support and asked them how many of their 200-watt VegMasters I would need to veg in a 2x4 tent...they said I would need TWO of them...at $400 apiece...$800 total, and they said on a 24/0 veg schedule, they would last for 2.5 years before the LEDs would need to be replaced...

I opted for a $160 4-foot 6-bulb Sunblaze T5 fixture that had "grow" bulbs included...

LEDs may one day arrive...as of yet they have not...at least not when considering cost as a factor.

For flowering, I am committed to using a 600-watt HPS in a 3.5 x 3.5 grow room...

I've got a 4 ft T5 12 bulb setup I use for growing Desert roses, wondering if that would work all the veg n flowering ???
would T5's work for flowering, I already germinating ,,, Pozac n Cheese Wreck

T5s will work for flowering. You just are not going to get the same quantity you would if you used HPS. I'm thinking that Weedhopper has done some grows start to finish with T5s. Another thing to keep in mind is that HPS puts out about 50% more lumens per watt than the T5. So, lumen for lumen, the HPS will be cheaper to run.

if I could afford HPS I would ,, but uin a spot where ,,1 its hot here,, 2 I would probably need blower system to kick the heat out of the room. im just growing me for now, so what ever I get ,, hopefully b enough

lovbnstoned

I appreciate,, I got a combo of 6 grow n 6 flowering T5's in one setup

Hey There !

I understand your condition. You want great performance without losing your savings. I myself went through it and asked everyone.

My search stopped at LED. Believe me, they have got huge Variety of LED Lights. Also, Their well trained staff will help you in choosing the right product.

SPAM REMOVED

Latest posts

Back