Which pH meter?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alistair

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I could use some help in deciding upon which pH meter to buy.

The first one I'm considering is the meter with the non-glass, store dry sensor.

hxxp://www.pulseinstruments.net/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=3521

The second one I'm considering is the Blue Lab pH Truncheon meter.

hxxp://organic-hydroponicsupplies.thebigtomato.com/shared/StoreFront/default.asp?CS=tbt&StoreType=BtoC&Count1=875087916&Count2=792228341

And the third one tests the pH of the soil directly. I imagine that it could also be used to test the pH of nutrient solution, but I'm not sure. Anyone know?

hxxp://www.omega.com/ppt/pptsc.asp?ref=PHH200&Nav=grebb02

Of these three meters, which one looks like the best one? Also, should the meter have 1, 2, or 3 point calibration, or is 1 point calibration good enough?

Your help is appreciated, thanks.

Maybe someone will drop in soon with good advice.

Alistair Young said:
Hey everyone, I could use some help in deciding upon which pH meter to buy.

The first one I'm considering is the meter with the non-glass, store dry sensor.

hxxp://www.pulseinstruments.net/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=3521

The second one I'm considering is the Blue Lab pH Truncheon meter.

hxxp://organic-hydroponicsupplies.thebigtomato.com/shared/StoreFront/default.asp?CS=tbt&StoreType=BtoC&Count1=875087916&Count2=792228341

And the third one tests the pH of the soil directly. I imagine that it could also be used to test the pH of nutrient solution, but I'm not sure. Anyone know?

hxxp://www.omega.com/ppt/pptsc.asp?ref=PHH200&Nav=grebb02

Of these three meters, which one looks like the best one? Also, should the meter have 1, 2, or 3 point calibration, or is 1 point calibration good enough?

Your help is appreciated, thanks.

Those r alot of money for Ph tester..

IMHO , you can't go wrong with the HANNA waterproof ..$99 at hydrowholesale.com...automatic temp compensation...worth every penny....do NOT buy the hanna champs model...

I have a Hanna Checker, and it isn't all that good in my opinion. I can check out the one you pointed me too, though. Thanks.

the waterproof series is by far the best line in that class of meters......i have bought other hanna products that suck but the waterproof ones are very good...they're the ones with the black tops on them

Ive got a blulab truncheon meter and i love it....i use an oakton waterproof ph meter but when it dies, i will get the blulab ph meter....:)

I Would Recommend The Blue Lab,also Get The Multi Function Meter.if You Decide To Go Hydro You Will Have Everything You Need.why Waste Money And Then Have To Buy A Tds,ec Meter Later When You Can Get One To Do It All.its What I Bought After Wasting Money On The Others.blue Lab Rules.it Cost A Little But You Get What U Pay 4

I like my hanna ec/tds/ph meter, works well imo. 200 bucks well spent, just gotta keep it clean and maintain it properly, ph reading will shift about .2 over the course of a month, so i just calibrate it twice a month, so far so good.

well i would use a £15 ph digital meter of ebay WORKS FINE EVERYTIME

I had a Hanna combo 3-1 meter and the PH part went bad, even tried a new probe.

Now I have Millwalkee and its been great.
Also just bought the Hanna combo pen type PH/TDS/TEMP meter its been cool so far.

Thanks Hippy, but that link didn't work for me. Maybe you could post another link?

As Hippy said, it's easy to test the runoff, but doesn't anyone use a pH meter that tests the soil pH directly? It seems like it would be a nice tool to have.

Growdude said:
I had a Hanna combo 3-1 meter and the PH part went bad, even tried a new probe.

Now I have Millwalkee and its been great.
Also just bought the Hanna combo pen type PH/TDS/TEMP meter its been cool so far.
is the combo pen the black waterproof one ???

PUFF MONKEY said:
is the combo pen the black waterproof one ???

yes thats the one I got, like I said ive only had it a few weeks but it seems nice.

i have the blue TDS waterproof from hanna and i love it. every time i test it's calibration ,it's spot on

No one has commented on the non-glass, store dry sensor. What do you all think of that, as opposed to a glass probe? There must be a reason why most people seem to use the glass probes.

Latest posts

Back