White Widow, Dr. Chronic's Revenge (stoney's hydro setup)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
B

bejohnst

Well started my spring grow about a month ago. Tonight the lights were switched to 12/12. 9 plants total. The larger ones in the back are about 5 weeks old and the others about 3-4 weeks. Have to start flowering tonight or else i'd let them get a bit bigger. Using General Hydroponics Flora 3 part system, keeping the ph around 5.5-6.5. The res is running around 900ppm. Copied Stoney's entire setup and it works awesome.

And the pics...

Setup 001.jpg

Setup 003.jpg

Setup 013.jpg

2-20.jpg

2-28 001.jpg

2-28 004.jpg

2-28 008.jpg

Damn man i guess Stoney Bud's set up does work. The ladies are huge and looking great. Very nice man. Here is some GREEN MOJO for the ladies not that they need it. ;)

GreenMojo.JPG

Your crop is looking great, bejohnst. Covering the tops of the grow chambers is one way to make absolutely sure no algae starts. If it does, it can paly havoc with your nutes.

Damn fine job man!!!!

Alright, I'm a bit bummed tonight. Garden is growing in nicely but with what I beleive to be males. Can you guys give advice with the pics?

Picture 023.jpg

Picture 019.jpg

bejohnst said:
Alright, I'm a bit bummed tonight. Garden is growing in nicely but with what I beleive to be males. Can you guys give advice with the pics?
The flower at the base of the node in the first pic looks like a male, but too blury. Can you take some more shots?

Buggers ended up being dudes. Had to chop'm up. Now I'm left with 4 WW and 2 DR. CHRONIC. Less then I would have thought. They're also all bunched up so i'm trying to tie them into the open spaces. We'll see. I'll keep giving them some N and try and fill them in a bit more. Also added another reservoir and a carbon scrubber. Week 1 of flowering is done.

Picture 028.jpg

Picture 029.jpg

Picture 026.jpg

Picture 027.jpg

Picture 025.jpg

Picture 030.jpg

great set-up man,very proffesional.
i`ll be keeping up with yer grow dude,looks great.bad news about the mails man,those were good lookin dudes,hope the rest of flower goes well for ya;) :ccc: :ccc:

Whats going on bejohnst. Bummer about the males mang but we all get them wehn growing from seed. :( Anyway atleast you still got yourself some nice females that will produce for ya. Looking foward to watching them ladies swell up with some fat arse frosty buds. ;)

Had one more male. Left with (3) WW and (2) DR REVENGE. Day 17 of flowering, can't wait for the buds to really start developing!

317 001.jpg

317 003.jpg

317 006.jpg

317 007.jpg

317 009.jpg

bejohnst said:
Had one more male. Left with (3) WW and (2) DR REVENGE. Day 17 of flowering, can't wait for the buds to really start developing!
Hey man, nice system ya got there. Show me how to build it, will ya?

Hahahaha, seriously, now that you've had some time to get used to it, how's the system working for you? Any problems with how it works? Any leaks?:eek:

Wait till you see what your weed does in weeks 6-8. The buds will double in weight. They mass up with resin so fast that you'll need a way to support the top buds or they'll fall over. You might want to plan ahead for that. I use eye hooks in the ceiling with strings brought down to the plants. Then I put a wire tie on the end and gently twist it around a strong node near the top.

Good luck to you man!!!!

Let us all know how it's going.

Hey stoney, I can see what you're saying about the support system. That sounds like a sound idea to keep the tops supported. I'll try and get something in there within the week.

As far as the system goes I haven't found any problems with the day to day operations. No leaks no worries. Since the plants were drinking nearly 3 gallons of water a day I found it necessary to add the extra reservoir. And the only other issue is due to me starting from seed. I now have 2 tubs that have no plants in them. I can't really drain the system enough to change the configuration of the fill lines so I'll just have to live with it.

bejohnst said:
...the only other issue is due to me starting from seed. I now have 2 tubs that have no plants in them. I can't really drain the system enough to change the configuration of the fill lines so I'll just have to live with it.
I'm designing quick disconnects and shut-off valves into my next system for that very reason. I'm going to put them on small platforms with casters so that each tub can be unhooked and moved to another system is desired. That will give the system a needed upgrade. Twist, Click and Roll. I like that idea. Vegetative in one room to flowering in another room. Whatcha think?

I also use clones taken from a mature female exclusively now. That way, you can put them into flower as soon as the clones are rooted if you wish. I did that with my Snow White grow and got two ounces from each plant with only one topping and very little LST.

When I plant a seed, I do so in dirt as a potted plant, only to grow a Host plant for clones. Then, I not only have eliminated any males from being in the hydro, but flowering can be done immediately after rooting. No vegetative cycle other than that of rooting, is necessary because of using cuttings from a mature plant. I go from Host plant to aeroponic rooter, to ebb and flow.

Twist, Click and Roll. I like it. The thought of adding quick disconnects had crossed my mind when I was installing the system, just not enough time. I did find a product you might find useful. Just Click and Roll.
http://www.omega.com/pdf/tubing/couplings/coupling_description/couplings.asp

Maybe next semester I'll toss them in and see how that goes. I'm sure as soon as I go out and spend the time and money I'll get at least one female in every tub, Damn you Murphy, HAHA.

This time next year I'll be looking for a permanent residence and can start to work with clones! (Talk about motivation to graduate!)

bejohnst said:
Twist, Click and Roll. I like it. The thought of adding quick disconnects had crossed my mind when I was installing the system, just not enough time. I did find a product you might find useful. Just Click and Roll.
http://www.omega.com/pdf/tubing/couplings/coupling_description/couplings.asp

Yep, that's what I'm looking for. I have to find one that will hook up to the 1" hose. It's important that the system has almost no pressure. That's why I use 1" hose from the 3/8" pump output. The nutrient water has to just "flow" through the grow chambers with little or no pressure.

Thanks for the link.

Flowering Day: 24

The plants are all about 2.5-3 feet tall with lots of buds starting to pop. I had to reconfigure how my light was hanging to get a few more inches. I think i'll stop feeding them nitrogen, I'm afraid they'll grow through my roof! In the 3rd pic it looks like the leaves are yellow/brown, ignore it my camera and my picture taking ability are not of the highest quality!

3-24-07 001.jpg

3-24-07 002.jpg

3-24-07 003.jpg

Nice grow! are the WW the dutch passion?

Our grows are almost the exact same age.
Ill be wachin this one for sure.

Stoney. this is what I have set up in my veg and flower rooms for quick disonnects. They are called Banjo Fittings. They work great and you can get them in many connection configurations. US PLastics is one supplier

banjofit.JPG

flowerrm.JPG

aprilia said:
Stoney. this is what I have set up in my veg and flower rooms for quick disonnects. They are called Banjo Fittings. They work great and you can get them in many connection configurations. US PLastics is one supplier
Thanks aprilia, those are pretty cool. What size diameter are they? What do the bulkhead fittings you used look like?

Stoney, the fittings are 1/2 inch barbed fittings. The bulkhead fittings are your standard ebb and flow, fill and draing, fittings. The tubing is 1/2 inch plastic from HD. A little heat from a torch and slide the tubing over the fitting. When it cools it shrinks and usually seals tight.
I have a White Russina named Olga who is seven weeks into flower. She has the most goregous neck you have ever seen. I will post some pics tomorrow.

Latest posts

Back