White Widow With A Yellow Blotch

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Griffon

Reaction score
Ok, currently I am using Fox Farm Soil and Distilled Water growing under a 175 watt metal halide. The temps are currently in the mid 80's. Sometimes when I close the cabinet it gets in the 90's. I will keep it closed for a couple of hours at a time. I cannot leave this open, I have pets that like to pee and eat my plants if I leave the door open and un-attended. The plant is on it's 24th day. I missed a watering and all of the plants got really slowchy, but Im almost 100 percent positive that this was happening several days before the plant was miss wattered. I feel like I may be over watering as I water a little bit almost every day. And I do very minimal waterings. I probabally water 5-6 oz. in a 4 inch by 4 inch pot.

Let me know what you think it may be.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Hey Griffon,
Not sure what it is yet and I am sure there are many out there that can come in here and take a quick look and tell you what it is, but sadly I am not nearly that good :) So I got 3 questions.......how many plants in the closet? Is this the only plant that is doing it? And what is the ph of your run-off?

Regardless they are getting big for 4" square pots, might want to go ahead and give them bigger homes if possible, allow the root systems to continue to grow. I assume it is not a nute burn because you didn't mention giving them anything other than distilled water. If I had to guess I would lean towards a ph imbalance in your soil, causing a lockout in your plants.

Yea your temps are running a little high but I don't think that would cause this problem. Typically I see heat stress affect a plant top-down since the top is closer to the lights and in a hotter area, but that is just my experience.

Hello Griffon :)

NYC got the important question.

When a plant is showing signs of problems, the very first thing to look at is PH.

If the PH is not correct it wont matter what you do because nothing will work until the PH is correct.

Do you know your PH?

When we know the PH is correct, it is like opening a door to other causes.

It is not caused by over watering and missing a watering didnt cause it either, this is what over watering looks like.

:peace:

000_0501.jpg

I'd amend your watering regime straight off.

Water thoroughly till run off and do not re-water till approx 80% of that previously given has been used up by the plant.

And as has been said,you should be aware of your ph and shouldn't really take your tapwater ph for granted.

There was case in England a few years back when a water purification plant dumped 50 tons of magnesium into the public water supply!

I have one of those cheap double prong ph soil meters. I stuck it in each plant right in the middle of the pot and it showed a ph of 7. The soil was mildly moist at this point, I did not water directly before I checked the Ph so I don't know if that makes a difference. I did not check the ph of my water. I was planning on feeding my plants a quarter solution today and cross my fingers. I haven't fed them yet, and I was told to feed them after 3 weeks which it has been over.

and btw.... I have not used tap water at all. I have only watered with steam distilled water bought at a grocery store.

ATTN: NYC Diesel or anyone who can answer his statement to increase the pot size.
If I am going to shoot for a plant that is only 2.5 3 feet tall, will I need a bigger pot size? I'm not sure how large the pot should be for that size of plant. Also, if I do choose to use a bigger size pot, what would be the ideal time to make the transfer?

dowjones618 said:
Plant is dead. =(
Dude input is helpful ! in order to recieve help you need to seriously consider offering help if you cannot offer help ....read and learn until your knowledge becomes useful !!

Latest posts

Back